Josh Onomah

skarroki

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Good header but can somebody confirm what injury he is carrying? I am sure the commentator said he can only use the side of his foot

Supposedly has a bad cut on the top of his foot 

Pochettino allegedly considering a recall - cannot see that happening as he clearly isn’t good enough for the premier league yet, let alone in a team pushing for European places.

It may happen though if they’ve had a team struggling in the prem wanting to take him on loan. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So based on the line up, I'm guessing a clause in the loan does that he has to start if fit? Only reason he could be on ahead of JG today. Same with Snodgrass?

He was benched for loads of games earlier in the season, though, so that can't be the case. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So based on the line up, I'm guessing a clause in the loan does that he has to start if fit? Only reason he could be on ahead of JG today. Same with Snodgrass?

Has any player ever in the history of football actually had this clause in their loan contract? Or is it just something football fans speculate about when they disagree with the teamsheet? I suspect it's the former.  

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Has any player ever in the history of football actually had this clause in their loan contract? Or is it just something football fans speculate about when they disagree with the teamsheet? I suspect it's the former.  

I believe so and if not clauses, then certain penalties or payments need to be made if the player doesn't feature.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I believe so and if not clauses, then certain penalties or payments need to be made if the player doesn't feature.

I would be interested to find out who these players are and what the penalties or payments are. I can't imagine any manager picking a player in his team because it's going to cost the club a few pound or agreeing to loan a player knowing that he has to play him every week even if he's shit/on the piss/not interested/fighting with his team mates/etc.. In onomah's case I would be astonished if we agreed to loan him with any clauses like that in his contract.

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would be interested to find out who these players are and what the penalties or payments are. I can't imagine any manager picking a player in his team because it's going to cost the club a few pound or agreeing to loan a player knowing that he has to play him every week even if he's shit/on the piss/not interested/fighting with his team mates/etc.. In onomah's case I would be astonished if we agreed to loan him with any clauses like that in his contract.

I think it's quite common in most loans

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think it's quite common in most loans

It's the stupidest thing I've heard, well maybe today. Why would a manager let his hands be tied by a players who he has to play? That's so wrong on so many levels you have to be desperate to agree to that. And I don't think we were last summer.

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

It's the stupidest thing I've heard, well maybe today. Why would a manager let his hands be tied by a players who he has to play? That's so wrong on so many levels you have to be desperate to agree to that. And I don't think we were last summer.

According to Bruce we were as we had to beg clubs for players ;)

53 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Football is a massive financial institute, why would the loaning club not put a fee stipulation in? It doesn't mean they can't be dropped, it just means the loanee club will be charged. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Football is a massive financial institute, why would the loaning club not put a fee stipulation in? It doesn't mean they can't be dropped, it just means the loanee club will be charged. 

I suppose the point is, that the charge cannot be meaningful to the decision-making of the manager - hence making the argument that XXXXX plays because it is required in his contract, void.

Seemed a smart signing and he clearly has potential. He is just not ready to start regular games in midfield. I would imagine now his game time is more restricted, his motivation will also start to go, he has no investment in villa doing well. 

What an absolute disgrace of a performance and attitude. His passing was wasteful at best, his decision making appalling, his attitude stank. He thinks he should have all the time in the world to make a decision and then messes that up. When the ball is lost, by him, he failed to show any appetite or care to run back or to try and win the ball back. The only thing that p***ed me off more than his performance was that Bruce didn’t have the nouce or guts to bring a completely ineffective player off.

Not happy!

• Like 3

Â