John Terry

Farlz

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To expand on what i said earlier. I feel terry has the qualities to make a great coach:

His leadership and respect of the players. You can see how much he gets from the team. As highlighed boosting the youngsters up like davis and telling them to not get carried away.

His fitness look at him for 36 he knows how to condition himself a real role model.

A winner just knows how to win. Worked with the best at the highest level.  I think he would be a real asset at the club as a coach.

I agree with all of your analysis on his virtues, but to me they seem reasons why he is an excellent captain rather than would be an excellent coach. 

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good coach, but it must take more than being a role model or a leader of men. 

After the complete disaster of signing the finished, lazy, fat **** (Lescott & Richards) in previous years I was worried about this signing, however he's been a revelation on the pitch and hopefully turning around our rotten culture. 

15 hours ago, Eastie said:

Always been decent on the bail , started off in midfield as a kid - very good in possession 

I think the thing with JT is that his ability on the ball has always been overshadowed by his prowess on the physical side of the game. It's like we can't accept that an all action centre half like him can also play a bit, instead we see him as the typical British style defender and don't notice how good he is on the ball. Maybe it's also that he doesn't bring attention to himself either, he's not flash or spectacular so he may not get the plaudits that other apparently more 'ball playing' centre halves get but he usually does the right thing, the correct thing for the team, simply and with good technique. His footballing brain is superb and seldom lets him down.

• Like 2

Credit to him.. hes been awesome for us. On and off the pitch. Having a guy like that walking you out.. must have done wonders for this dressing room. 

I am suprised how many games hes played so far... i thought we may rest him here and there.. i hope he doesnt break down with so many games in succession.. He is a fit 37 year old but hes 37. 

The guy keeps getting better and I genuinely believe he's buying into us as a club.

Obviously he's a Chelsea man/fan which is fair enough but I do think there's a little soft spot for us developing.

His partnership with Chester is immense, best we've had since Laursen / Mellberg IMO, they genuinely look like they get on well and play for eachother.

I loved the way he 'looked after' Keinan Davis in that interview after the game on Wednesday too, real maturity and what a role model for someone like Keinan.

Delighted with him, fair play, he's really changed my view/perception of him.

• Like 1

Â