John Terry

Farlz

6 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Not sure how resting him would have stopped a championship player from kicking him, but agreed - devastating news. I understand why Baker wanted to go, but terrible decision not to replace him with someone better than Samba.

Problem is we have 3 experienced defenders in samba Richards and elphick and none are good enough .

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure it's fair to call Elphick a 'leech'. He might not be good enough, but he hasn't disrespected the club. 

Richards, sure.

He can be a nice leech ;)

I just ment him and Richards leeching salarys from the club while offering nothing. Nothing to do with them disrespecting the club etc because you could say that for Micha too. 

I might be in the minority but I think we'll be OK without him. The quality of striker in this league isn't like in the prem, massively different in fact, and I think Jedi/Samba can do a job filling in for a few games. 

Sure it's a big blow, but we should be able to cope. I'll not let Bruce have another free excuse for poor future results. Fact is Bruce has done terribly, if we're that reliant on a 37-year old with plenty of injuries these last few years. Swapping Samba for Baker was of course an obvious mistake.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

I might be in the minority but I think we'll be OK without him. The quality of striker in this league isn't like in the prem, massively different in fact, and I think Jedi/Samba can do a job filling in for a few games. 

Its just the midfield we seem to struggle with.

Â