John Terry

Farlz

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Screwed without him tbh, need to invest heavily in Jan on a centre half. Perhaps Bruce should have rested him more? He's nearly 37 FFS and has played far too many consecutive matches. 

That is harsh. It is a bit of a freak injury and nothing to do with the amount of games.

He has been cruising through games and hasn't had to get out of second gear in most of them and could have played four games a week never mind two such is his reading of the game and conservation of energy.

Someone else now needs to step up to the plate. 

• Like 3

It is a freak accident and there is no getting away from that.....but the way we play, is there any wonder.....we attract injuries and suspensions, by the way we play, we are the architect of our own demise.

we have to use the ball better.....and run  off it much better.....we may then avoid so much physical contact.

• Like 3

To be fair, he did charge out to an area of the pitch where he shouldn't have been and went in with his foot raised, hence he kicked the opponents boot. A bit self-inflicted and probably why he is feeling so down about it - it could have been avoided. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

To be fair, he did charge out to an area of the pitch where he shouldn't have been and went in with his foot raised, hence he kicked the opponents boot. A bit self-inflicted and probably why he is feeling so down about it - it could have been avoided. 

100% shouldn't have happened but he was showing a bit of fight that most of the others were lacking. We are such a flat team energy wise we can get found out if a team passes the ball well. Both goals should've been stopped and would've been if our players were up for it. That is a bigger issue than missing Terry for the next 8 weeks or so. 

I understand how important he is, but people saying promotion is f*cked without him obviously didn't believe it to begin with.

If ONE defender was going to make or break our promotion chances, we were doomed before we kicked a ball.

That being said, we heard the same when Kodjia got injured, and we found a way.

I think Jedinak can cover OK.

We will have to find another way to play.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I understand how important he is, but people saying promotion is f*cked without him obviously didn't believe it to begin with.

If ONE defender was going to make or break our promotion chances, we were doomed before we kicked a ball.

That being said, we heard the same when Kodjia got injured, and we found a way.

I think Jedinak can cover OK.

We will have to find another way to play.

To be fair JV, we have taken multiple measures to address the lack of goals if Kodjia failed to score or wasn't playing. Davis, Snodgrass, Onomah all coming into the team. Hourihane finding a way to get involved and Adomah switching wings have all contributed goals to the team. 

The defence has been different. We lost Baker, who had a very good season last season, and replaced with Terry, who has been brilliant and a massive influence on the team. I think we will miss him massively because his cover in defence lacks the quality of the cover we have for scoring goals.

Having said that, I hope you are right mate!

• Like 1

Ok trying to find a positive spin. We have a 2 week break plus the next 4 out of 5 games are all winnable. We should have enough for that. Best case scenario he comes back for the Derby game which is the start of a critical period for us. Worst case he misses the Xmas games and comes back in Jan sometime and we are way adrift of the auto spots. 

Â