John Terry

Farlz

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I didn't realise they where?

To me it was quite a coup.

IIRC there were a few doubters.

Posted by villa89 back in June:

He's been finished for a while now and I only see him being a more expensive Tommy Elphick. It's one of the problems when you have a manager like Steve Bruce, he thinks signings like this are a great thing and they aren't.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not surprised at how good he's been.

I am however at how he's played every league minute so far though.

I never subscribed to the train of thought that he'd be a crock and he'd barely manage 20 games for us that some people were peddling. But I must admit I thought he'd have to miss the odd game here and there to recover.

He is a questionable character off the pitch, but rarely in his career can you fault him on it.
Took him a couple of games to settle in here but he and Chester have been superb this season.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely sensationalist. Love JT

We really need to keep him as a coach at all costs at end of the season. 

Assuming he doesn't want one last season in the Prem I agree. We need him in and around the club for years to come.

Just now, Daweii said:

Assuming he doesn't want one last season in the Prem I agree. We need him in and around the club for years to come.

I thought he was dropping down lower than he could have when he came here. I think he could have managed a season at a lower end Prem club this season.

I don't think a year of Championship football will change that, even at his age.

If we get promoted I expect him to be part of the squad next season. I imagine he'll play a lot less than he has this season, but he'll play.

Still comfortably a Champions League quality player.  His positioning, particularly when crosses are about to come in, is absolutely faultless.  He always knows where his man is, he's very comfortable with the ball at his feet, his decision making really is good.  He's not as quick as he was when he was 26, which is probably why his overall quality has dipped a little, but if you put him in any CB pairing with a fairly quick defender, he'd still be able to play at the very top level. 

Honestly?  Probably the best signing we've made since Laursen - and definitely in the top 5 signing of my lifetime, that's how highly I regard him.  

He's a winner, he has influence, he's sensible, he's reliable and my god - we're lucky to have him at this stage. 

Keep it up John.  A huge reason we've got 7 clean sheets in 12 games. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I dont think he will wnat to come up against CHelsea if we go up to be honest as a player. But as a coach I think he adds a hell of a lot of value . Up there with Laursen and Mellberg for me 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I missed the match and the sky sports highlight on the app don’t show much, is there anyway to watch extended highlights? 

YouTube on the avfc site later today .

Edited by Eastie

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think he will wnat to come up against CHelsea if we go up to be honest as a player. But as a coach I think he adds a hell of a lot of value . Up there with Laursen and Mellberg for me 

Could easily sign a deal and miss the Chelsea games but he would get a fantastic reception from them if he did play - there is a 12 month option on his contract if both parties are happy 

Â