John Terry

Farlz

15 minutes ago, privateer said:

I was kidding. I thought the hyperbole was obvious, especially given my posts just above it, but obviously at least one person didn't realise it. :lol:

And as an addition, it looks like he did not play the match Petrov charity match today, which was apparently so important to him, because he was elsewhere signing up for a lucrative deal.

There was a part of me that is not entirely down about it....losing him to Moscow.

I think maybe a season too far now....he is 38, in this league there are no physical hiding places.

The worry for me is, I see JT and JC as more sweepers than dominant aerial men.....I think you need at least one CB that can deal with high balls in.

However, I would concede he is better than what we have got at present.

We really need to sort this position out.

ps He could be MI6'S new Trojan Horse.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

There was a part of me that is not entirely down about it....losing him to Moscow.

I think maybe a season too far now....he is 38, in this league there are no physical hiding places.

The worry for me is, I see JT and JC as more sweepers than dominant aerial men.....I think you need at least one CB that can deal with high balls in.

However, I would concede he is better than what we have got at present.

We really need to sort this position out.

I have to confess to seriously flip-flopping on the subject.

At the end of last season, especially the play off loss, I came to the view that he was a spent force now. However, a combination of our current shititude, my prognosis of that continuing unabated without changes in coaching and reinforcements in defence, and being beguiled by the suggestion that he is even fitter now than he has been for a few years, led me to think it would be good if it happened.

So if I stop the flip flopping, I'll come to the same conclusion. No choice really! :lol:

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

about 3 million tax free apparently.

Would need to be on close to £120,000 per week in the UK to match that

Their season is only 30 games & they have already played 6 so he would be taking home £125,000 per game for 24 games. Not bad really & beats playing nearly twice as many games here for maybe 1/3 of the money if he's lucky

Yeah, but it's in Russia ?.

I actually believe now that the new owners decided they couldn't get around FFP to cover his wages. Nothing has come from the club to indicate he was incoming after all it's just been press talk.

It's effectively a write off season now surely? Cannot hope for anything above staying in the division with the GK & defensive shambles we are left with. Of course we can do something about it in January but barring scoring 3 or 4 goals a game and conceding fewer than that in most games we can surely forget going up.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
extra info
  • Sad 1

Did we ever make him an offer I wonder? Perhaps if he is in Moscow he can sleep on it and change his mind before he signs a contract with them (It's happened to us after all)? Clutching at straws I know. :(

If we don't make him an official offer he cannot come and play for us............ despite Bruce trying to manage the situation I think the board have stood firm.

Will Bruce throw his rattle out the pram.......

Edited by mykeyb

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Just can’t see him signing for a Russian club regardless of how much money they offer, especially after recent political World affairs. 

I think this is very much still on the table.. 

:lol: I don't think JT is likely to be much analysing geo-political activities when deciding whether to accept a multi-million contract in a country that he has just seen put on a cracking world cup without any issues. We're not at war with Russia, although there is some diplomatic bunfights and political chest puffing, and it's not like he's going to Syria or Iran.

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Will Bruce through his rattle out the pram.......

Hopefully he jumps out the pram and waddles off into the sunset.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

If only we had signed a 6ft+ centre back in our team this season to combat these high balls. Nevermind...  

Robert Huth it is then!  :(

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Seems odd him going to Russia. Seems very much the family man (now!) and he's always posting pics of his family on Instagram

I thought it would definitely be an English team he joined so he didn't have to move house. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seems odd him going to Russia. Seems very much the family man (now!) and he's always posting pics of his family on Instagram

I thought it would definitely be an English team he joined so he didn't have to move house. 

He gets three or four months off mid-season including Christmas, so I can see the attraction especially as he'll probably make double or triple the money.

Â