John Terry

Farlz

No brainer, sign him up. 

It's a 'come and get me'. And we need him.

Aside from the obvious football benefits, I have to say, I think it's great for our profile and the impact having JT at the club for another year could have massive.

He clearly likes Villa, and that can rub off on other players, managers, pundits etc. Grealish for example, idolises him, and rightly so, he's such a top professional. It's an association that I think is hugely beneficial to us in our current state. 

Like all football fans, I'm a hypocrite, I hated him at Chelsea, but at Villa I really did like him. I'd have him back in a heartbeat and I'd happily give him a chance as manager of it goes sour for Bruce. Sod Henry, when you can have Terry. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's over guys. Doing medical at Spartak Moscow. 

Gutting

I didn't ever think it was on. Far too many signs this was never going to happen with the obvious one being FFP. 

This needs moving to "Other Football" and we need to look forward to Jedinak at centre back.

We cost ourselves a shot at the play offs by not signing defenders in the window 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I didn't ever think it was on. Far too many signs this was never going to happen with the obvious one being FFP. 

This needs moving to "Other Football" and we need to look forward to Jedinak at centre back.

We cost ourselves a shot at the play offs by not signing defenders in the window 

We put a £6m bid in for player on the last day of the window. Now, of course, it's probably not all up front, but even still, it's not the act of a club that's reached the end of the barrel.

I don't know whether he's signing for Villa or not but I'll be amazed if he ends up in Moscow. He's a family man.

3 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

We put a £6m bid in for player on the last day of the window. Now, of course, it's probably not all up front, but even still, it's not the act of a club that's reached the end of the barrel.

I don't know whether he's signing for Villa or not but I'll be amazed if he ends up in Moscow. He's a family man.

If we were going to sign him it would have been done weeks ago. Its not like we have only just realised we have no defence.

14 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Wayne Bridges family man

• Haha 1

because the media are in bed with the gambling industry.  fake news on sky sports can swell the coffers of sky bet. look at the Grealish saga. For months it was will he won't he? Then it came out all along he was going nowhere. It was all a game to juice money out of expectant spurs fans.

Terry has taken the medical photo down off instagram

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Shouldn't be looking at playoffs. Should be looking at automatic and with the squad Bruce has now at his disposal the signing of any decent CB would have made that possible.

• Thanks 1

Just now, striker said:

Shouldn't be looking at playoffs. Should be looking at automatic and with the squad Bruce has now at his disposal the signing of any decent CB would have made that possible.

Not a hope in hell. This season is about trying to sneak in to the play offs which I doubt we will do.  Even with a new CB. We have a comically bad goalkeeper, no decent left back and only Chester at CB so I reckon we are at least 3 players light to even finish top 6.

You are having a laugh if you think we a just a new centre back away from being top 2 material.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not a hope in hell. This season is about trying to sneak in to the play offs which I doubt we will do.  Even with a new CB. We have a comically bad goalkeeper, no decent left back and only Chester at CB so I reckon we are at least 3 players light to even finish top 6.

You are having a laugh if you think we a just a new centre back away from being top 2 material.

Did you think Cardiff had the squad to gain automatic promotion last year?

In my opinion the squad Bruce has at his disposal now is better than Cardiff's last season.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Terry has taken the medical photo down off instagram

I'm not surprised. A photo of you getting your Youth Serum infusion, based on virgin's blood and powdered kitten and baby seal extract, is really a PR own goal.

• Haha 2

Just now, striker said:

I'm not sure how that is relevant.

Are you saying then that all 24 teams have a chance of going up this year? Because I don't think that's the case. Cardiff were a very well organised, well run team that got ridiculously lucky with injuries.

Our "squad" is so top heavy on quality that a promotion push is for me is a very, very unlikely scenario this season.

Not strengthenig the defence has seen to that.

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'm not sure how that is relevant.

Are you saying then that all 24 teams have a chance of going up this year? Because I don't think that's the case. Cardiff were a very well organised, well run team that got ridiculously lucky with injuries.

Our "squad" is so top heavy on quality that a promotion push is for me is a very, very unlikely scenario this season.

Not strengthenig the defence has seen to that.

It's relevant from the point of view of whats available to Bruce now. Yes Villa are a bit short at CB but that's only one position. I would think most managers in the Championship would give their eyes teeth for the present squad at the Villa and if they had that squad the expectation would be automatic promotion.

For me the problem lies more with the manager placing square pegs in round holes and an attitude to contain rather than be offensive.

Its a pretty poor Championship this season with few if any outstanding teams so the expectation should still be high considering the players that have come in.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, striker said:

In my opinion the squad Bruce has at his disposal now is better than Cardiff's last season.

Some - several, even - of our players are better than any of Cardiff's. BUT... 

(a) Our squad is absurdly imbalanced (too many players in some positions, not enough in others), and 

(b) Bruce does not know how to set the team up to get it to work effectively. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dukes said:

so it looks like he's in Moscow ahead of signing for Spartak...

Does it? Where have you seen this other than an article who’s source is Sky Italia understands....

Â