John Terry

Farlz

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Agreed. I for one would like Terry back but I can definitely see where the board are coming from if they’re thinking “you had the budget, you knew the deadline, you knew the players we wanted, if you’re not happy with what you’ve got then that’s you’re problem to deal with as you are the manager of this team, which you built, and had the opportunity to build on further, which you didn’t”.

Read this in Alan Sugar's voice and add "Steve, you're fired" at the end. Perfect.

Terry has been training at Melwood all week with Milner Charity squad for this weekends Petrov v Milner game.  He had committed to this and signing for Villa would have required him to stand down for this which he wasn't prepared to do.

Villa have been told that he will happily re-sign after this weekend, if they still want him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

By not listening to their battle hardened and experienced manager these two so called businessmen will cost us promotion to the premier league and cost them selves millions. Maybe it's part of their machevellian plans to run the team into the ground move the club to alvechurch's old stadium and turn Villa Part into a retail park with a massive gregs, frankie and bennys and a pure Gym overlooking the grounds of aston hall.

This is exactly the same situation as we were in when we failed to sign Muzzy Izzet when we were top of the league. The owner flapped it. Izzet would have lifted that trophy high!

All Villa fans want is to get back to the prem. Give Bruce the right tools and he will take us there. Terry is the correct screwdriver to tighten up the defence. Even just until Jan.

Bruce wants Terry, the fans want Terry, Terry wants Terry...... it's a no brainer, just get it done and get him ready for Blackburn away

Terry has never experienced such euphoria as the final whistle at the middlesboro play off semi final second leg when the crowd invaded the pitch. Chelsea fans never displayed such outbursts of unbounded joy.

my message to the egyptian and the scruffy yank is get it done.

Oh good God, you're still here?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, so Bruce set the budget, drew up the target list, made initial contact with those targets' agents and clubs, made all the preperations for their medicals, travel arrangements and any overnight costs, negotiated the offers single handedly and then sat at home drafting the contracts right? 

Or do you think that's a bit silly and actually maybe, just maybe there were other people involved? 

You missed the bit where he chases them down the M6 if they try to run away.

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

We gave him Toolstation  ffs.

It's his fault he's trying to drill holes with a shovel.

You bastard. That made me laugh out loud. 

And I'm on a train. Now everyone is looking at me funny.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, deadlydion said:

Terry has been training at Melwood all week with Milner Charity squad for this weekends Petrov v Milner game.  He had committed to this and signing for Villa would have required him to stand down for this which he wasn't prepared to do.

Villa have been told that he will happily re-sign after this weekend, if they still want him.

41PrkrQXEcL._SY355_.jpg ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

By not listening to their battle hardened and experienced manager these two so called businessmen will cost us promotion to the premier league and cost them selves millions. Maybe it's part of their machevellian plans to run the team into the ground move the club to alvechurch's old stadium and turn Villa Part into a retail park with a massive gregs, frankie and bennys and a pure Gym overlooking the grounds of aston hall.

This is exactly the same situation as we were in when we failed to sign Muzzy Izzet when we were top of the league. The owner flapped it. Izzet would have lifted that trophy high!

All Villa fans want is to get back to the prem. Give Bruce the right tools and he will take us there. Terry is the correct screwdriver to tighten up the defence. Even just until Jan.

Bruce wants Terry, the fans want Terry, Terry wants Terry...... it's a no brainer, just get it done and get him ready for Blackburn away

Terry has never experienced such euphoria as the final whistle at the middlesboro play off semi final second leg when the crowd invaded the pitch. Chelsea fans never displayed such outbursts of unbounded joy.

There are many examples in our history of the owner/chairman bottling it but the idea that Muzzy Izzet would have turned our 2001/02 vintage into Champions is a little fanciful.

Off topic I know, but in Deadly Doug’s defence (a rare thing for me to do!), Gregory had just spent slightly less than the money quoted for Izzet on Bosco Balaban! 

1 hour ago, deadlydion said:

Whilst it’s possible this is true his IG suggests he’s been in London all week. Also interesting point of note is that Micah Richards is playing on the same team as JT. Obviously not a problem for him to be involved in the game whilst still being a Villa player. Is he still a Villa player? Probably a fairly philosophical question at this stage. 

42 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Whilst it’s possible this is true his IG suggests he’s been in London all week. Also interesting point of note is that Micah Richards is playing on the same team as JT. Obviously not a problem for him to be involved in the game whilst still being a Villa player. Is he still a Villa player? Probably a fairly philosophical question at this stage. 

When ever we have a player away training with England players it usually ends up in a tapping up..........

8 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Foreign diplomat and fashion guru, NSWE must be hanging on to your every word. 

2 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

This daily mail article is interesting...

Doesn't intend to retire as a player this year. Seems he wants to come back here. Reckons he's fitter than he has been for a long time. This could be a goer and work out well, maybe even better than last year.

Hopefully he wants to play here more than he wants to add to his pension pot and it will get done. It's not like he hasn't earned a lot of money or will struggle for work when he hangs up his boots. Modest wage and big bonus for promotion suits all, I think. :thumb:

10 hours ago, deadlydion said:

Doesn't sound plausible to me at all. But Godspeed, sweet ITK. 

Think he will re-sign with us based on the Daily Mail article.

If he is as fit as he say's he is then he could slot straight in. Be interesting to see how he gets on today.

I don't think it's about money for him, more about finishing what he started last season. With a mentality like that it's exactly what we need at the club.

Realistically we have added a massive amount of attacking threat and pace to our squad, a tightened defence is now the missing link to promotion this season and Terry can be a massive part of that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6144031/JOHN-TERRY-EXCLUSIVE-Im-not-ready-retire-plenty-left-tank.html

'When we spoke in the summer, it wasn't long after the season and I was still hurting. I loved my time at Aston Villa. I am still devastated that we didn't go up. The manager, players and supporters were incredible with me but I hate losing and I feel there is unfinished business there.

'Steve Bruce is a great man and with the backing of the new owners, Steve will hopefully get the club back into the Premier League.

'Don't get me wrong, if I don't play again I am content with what has been an unbelievable career, but I'm still hungry to go and play if everything around it is right. If it's right for me and my family.'

Terry, 37, is a free agent. There are at least four offers on the table, including a Premier League team and clubs from abroad.

'I am in the best condition I have been in for the last eight to 10 years of my career. I've had a brilliant summer, the first time in 20 years I have been able to get away like that with my family during the school holidays. I was away so much last year because I was fully committed to giving everything to Aston Villa, but now I am fully recharged.'

Terry trained every day he was on holiday. 'I haven't really switched off. It's in my blood,' he says.

He is in excellent condition with a lower body fat than from his early 30s. He puts that down to his diet. 'I've used a personal chef at home for 10 years to make sure I was eating the right way and to give me every opportunity to be the best I could be. At Villa, I employed Johnny Marsh, the chef, to send food to my hotel every week. I've used a masseur two to three times a week for a long time.

'Yes, I am very lucky to be in this position but the way the game has gone for the last five years and how quick and physical and talented the younger generation have become, I had to try to give myself an edge.

• Like 1

Â