John Terry

Farlz

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps the people running the club are standing their ground on this even thou Bruce & Terry though they would change their minds when all other option were gone.

Or it's just a nothing story...

I think the owners probably thought they did enough in the transfer window and Bruce has to get on with it, not sign a 37 year old on 70K a week (or 30K depending on who you believe)

Edited by VillanousOne

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I think the owners probably thought they did enough in the transfer window and Bruce has to get on with it, not sign a 37 year old on 70K a week (or 30K depending on who you believe)

I think this is correct, and you cannot really blame them.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Agreed. I for one would like Terry back but I can definitely see where the board are coming from if they’re thinking “you had the budget, you knew the deadline, you knew the players we wanted, if you’re not happy with what you’ve got then that’s you’re problem to deal with as you are the manager of this team, which you built, and had the opportunity to build on further, which you didn’t”.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Agreed. I for one would like Terry back but I can definitely see where the board are coming from if they’re thinking “you had the budget, you knew the deadline, you knew the players we wanted, if you’re not happy with what you’ve got then that’s you’re problem to deal with as you are the manager of this team, which you built, and had the opportunity to build on further, which you didn’t”.

But he was trying to get a CB, so how does that fit with what you just said?

30 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Which might be one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it would be that it makes sense to invest a little bit more if possible, to ensure the big investments in the squad isn't wasted.

48 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

But he was trying to get a CB, so how does that fit with what you just said?

Because he tried but he didn’t achieve it but it is his job to make it happe. If he’s now saying get me this 38 year old on 70k pw who doesn’t match the profile of player they want because he didn’t achieve his targets, I’d say the board are in their rights to say errr no actually.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Because he tried but he didn’t achieve it but it is his job to make it happe. If he’s now saying get me this 38 year old on 70k pw who doesn’t match the profile of player they want because he didn’t achieve his targets, I’d say the board are in their rights to say errr no actually.

Its almost certainly not his job to make it happen, his job would be to identify the targets and tell whoevers job it actually is to make it happen what he wants, the actual negotiating wouldn't be done by the manager 

By not listening to their battle hardened and experienced manager these two so called businessmen will cost us promotion to the premier league and cost them selves millions. Maybe it's part of their machevellian plans to run the team into the ground move the club to alvechurch's old stadium and turn Villa Part into a retail park with a massive gregs, frankie and bennys and a pure Gym overlooking the grounds of aston hall.

This is exactly the same situation as we were in when we failed to sign Muzzy Izzet when we were top of the league. The owner flapped it. Izzet would have lifted that trophy high!

All Villa fans want is to get back to the prem. Give Bruce the right tools and he will take us there. Terry is the correct screwdriver to tighten up the defence. Even just until Jan.

Bruce wants Terry, the fans want Terry, Terry wants Terry...... it's a no brainer, just get it done and get him ready for Blackburn away

Terry has never experienced such euphoria as the final whistle at the middlesboro play off semi final second leg when the crowd invaded the pitch. Chelsea fans never displayed such outbursts of unbounded joy.

my message to the egyptian and the scruffy yank is get it done.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Ah right, so Bruce set the budget, drew up the target list, made initial contact with those targets' agents and clubs, made all the preperations for their medicals, travel arrangements and any overnight costs, negotiated the offers single handedly and then sat at home drafting the contracts right? 

Or do you think that's a bit silly and actually maybe, just maybe there were other people involved? 

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, so Bruce set the budget, drew up the target list, made initial contact with those targets' agents and clubs, made all the preperations for their medicals, travel arrangements and any overnight costs, negotiated the offers single handedly and then sat at home drafting the contracts right? 

Or do you think that's a bit silly and actually maybe, just maybe there were other people involved? 

Ok. All you posters who have been blaming Bruce for our lack of CB's. I hope you realise now that he carries no responsibility for any of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm not sure anyone has any useful insights to what the owners 'probably thought'. Much more probable is that we are totally guessing, whilst presenting our opinions as theirs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ok. All you posters who have been blaming Bruce for our lack of CB's. I hope you realise now that he carries no responsibility for any of that.

Where have I said he's blameless?

I'm simply saying that it's highly unlikely to be all his fault, he's part of a team of people.

But sure, twist it to fit The narrative yet again.

• Like 1

Â