John Terry

Farlz

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We will have to play 5 at the back then.One to cover Terry.

Terry will be a better option at centre back than Jedinak, we need to get by until January when we can sort this mess out.

As someone mentioned previously, Terry was good enough last season so I don't understand why people are now saying he's past it 3 months on...

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Terry will be a better option at centre back than Jedinak, we need to get by until January when we can sort this mess out.

As someone mentioned previously, Terry was good enough last season so I don't understand why people are now saying he's past it 3 months on...

I will take him until January to get upto match fitness.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

I will take him until January to get upto match fitness.

Even as someone who is ambivalent about Terry’s return, I think January is an exaggeration. Possibly if an inexperienced player had sat on his arse for the last 3 months, but a player with Terry’s experience who had also been keeping physically fit over the summer, should be up to his speed/sharpness in a few weeks. Whether the best speed/sharpness a 38 year old JT can muster is good enough remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Definitely this.

No long term answer but perfect in the short term.

Im sure some dont want him to come in case he manages to improve the results for Bruce!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The first day in a while that JT hasn't posted an Instagram story... could it be because he is currently at Bodymoor...

Think we will see him holding a new shirt by the end of the day...

I take it back he's playing golf in London with Kevin Pietersen

I don't think this one is happening...

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Brilliant, fingers crossed we lose 8-0 to Blackburn as well and every decent player we have break their legs. 

Anything to see the manager sacked eh? 

8-0 Yes, Players breaking their legs, no.

- We'll still need them after Bruce has been sacked.

But otherwise, spot on.  :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If fans start wanting to see Villa lose games if it’s the only way Bruce is sacked I think it means his days are numbered. 

I’d sad state of affairs but it’s understandable.

It's happened before and we ended up going on a massive run of great results.

Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened this season. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's happened before and we ended up going on a massive run of great results.

Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened this season. 

True. I’ve never seen us look as bad as last Saturday though since being in this league. It was shocking. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True. I’ve never seen us look as bad as last Saturday though since being in this league. It was shocking. 

I’m not for one second excusing it. And I didn’t see the game so can’t really comment. 

But losing 3-0 to Cardiff at the start of last season was dreadful too. 

Its a criticism of Bruce. We start slowly. But when we click we click. And I wouldn’t be surprised if t happens again. 

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not for one second excusing it. And I didn’t see the game so can’t really comment. 

Its a criticism of Bruce. We start slowly. But when we click we click. And I wouldn’t be surprised if t happens again. 

At least that was against a team that turned out to be the second best in the league. 

But to be honest we can’t really get any worse than Saturday. Watch the highlights if you haven’t. We could and should have lost by a lot more.  It can only improve. 

Keeping in topic, id take Terry any day.

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Disagree we never clicked last season we ground out results there was only a handful of games we actually clicked and to be honest if wolves had took some of the early chances in the game we won against them it might have been different game there was very little games bar maybe Burton that were comfortable last year

10 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Disagree we never clicked last season we ground out results there was only a handful of games we actually clicked and to be honest if wolves had took some of the early chances in the game we won against them it might have been different game there was very little games bar maybe Burton that were comfortable last year

Semantics. The point I was making was we went on a huge run of results. 

Call it not clicking if you like. It’s beside the point. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Semantics. The point I was making was we went on a huge run of results. 

Call it not clicking if you like. It’s beside the point. 

I know we had a nice run of results but it was never comfortable and the real issue is Bruce just puts players out with no resemblance of a team people compare Bruce to pulis but at least you can see what his teams are doing and what they're doing on the training ground 

For the life of me I can't make out what Bruce trying to implement because he has to be doing something 

• Like 1

I'm all for having Bruce replaced, but we need a replacement first. 

It needs to be an improvement, and I don't see that coming in the next week. 

I can't think of a manager that will be an improvement that will be available right now.. 

Personally id like Rogers, but he would be difficult to get to say the least, but something we could do with the resources we now have; but someone of that ilk won't drop thier current club weeks into the season. 

Bruce is staying for the time being, and we need to sort the defence. We can only sign a free /unattached player. Terry it is then. 

Â