John Terry

Farlz

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's over guys. Doing medical at Spartak Moscow. 

Gutting

Random move. They are not even in the champions league. I can only assume their oil rich billionaire owner is paying him a fortune?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-john-terry-join-spartak-13211077

John Terry is reportedly undergoing a medical with Spartak Moscow ahead of completing a move to Russia.

The former Chelsea defender has been without a club since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season.

He will fill the void left by Samuel Gigot who is expected to miss the rest of the campaign with injury, according to Sky Italia.

The 37-year-old had hinted at a return to Villa this week but has opted against re-joining Steve Bruce's side.

"I loved my time at Aston Villa," he told the Daily Mail. "I am still devastated that we didn't go up. The manager, players and supporters were incredible with me but I hate losing and I feel there is unfinished business there.

0_Aston-Villa-Press-Conference.jpg
Terry had hinted at a return to Aston Villa (Image: Getty Images Europe)

"Steve Bruce is a great man and with the backing of the new owners, Steve will hopefully get the club back into the Premier League.

"Don't get me wrong, if I don't play again I am content with what has been an unbelievable career, but I'm still hungry to go and play if everything around it is right. If it's right for me and my family."

Terry will come up against Rangers with his new club after they were drawn together in the Europa League.

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2018 at 12:32, Stevo985 said:

Well according to you we had a slow start a slow middle and a slow end.

Yet we won 24 games, scored 72 goals and got 83 points. Finishing 4th.

So yes you are exaggerating. It wasn't good enough, no arguments there.

It was slower than Wolves and Cardiff, at all 3 points and that's all that mattered.

Mangiante (see Twitter post above) is a Sky Italia journalist/presenter and there's no reason to believe he's made it up. Villa Stuart is a private clinic in Rome, used by several Russian clubs when signing players from western and southern Europe apparently.

He might have other offers on the table but it's clear he's having a medical there and will probably sign a contract. He might have said recently that he'd wait a couple of weeks, but I'm sure with a firm (and financially substantial) offer, and with Spartak needing immediate cover at centre back due to injury, he's probably off there imminently.

Â