John Terry

Farlz

To me the signing of John Terry on this occasion is this:-

Paper-over-cracks.jpgHe would be signing for all the wrong reasons this time round in my book.

We have made it known to the world we're now desperate and he would be the one nail keeping us together so to speak and I dare say all the other 23 teams will see him as a target to 'take out' in a bid to cripple us back to our knees like Bruce has us at this moment in time.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

I know we had a nice run of results but it was never comfortable and the real issue is Bruce just puts players out with no resemblance of a team people compare Bruce to pulis but at least you can see what his teams are doing and what they're doing on the training ground 

For the life of me I can't make out what Bruce trying to implement because he has to be doing something 

That’s fine. It’s a totally different point to the one I was making though. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s fine. It’s a totally different point to the one I was making though. 

Getting back to original point about clicking, last year it was possible because we had a resemblance of a defence but this year i cant see it happening as we're to Leakey at the back 

We won a lot of games by eeking out results but that was based on a solid defense this year because of Bruce's incompetence we don't have that

Hell the only recognised centre half we have couldn't even make the Welsh team tonight

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Semantics. The point I was making was we went on a huge run of results. 

Call it not clicking if you like. It’s beside the point. 

You mean the run before xmas? As a lot of us were saying at the time, playing crap and winning is fine, but it's not sustainable. It means playing crap and getting 1 or no points is right around the corner. Look at this season, We had our best start for years, whilst looking awful mostly, and guess what, the awful continued and the points disappeared. 

The run after xmas is another thing entirely, and if Bruce can't get that form back, then it's not a great endorsement of his managerial ability, it makes it look like it happened by chance. Hogan scoring in a run of games, passing it out from the back, keeping the ball, controlling games. It was very good, even if it wasn't like 90 minutes of dominance every time we went out compared to the good run before xmas it was another world. Trouble is though, after Wolves, boom. Up in a puff of smoke, never seen again.

Then he demolished us over the summer while signing midfielders, wingers/forwards and loaning out our defence only to not replace what went out. 

I'd love him to magically turn it around and get us on a run like after xmas, but it's really not looking likely. We look worse than last year in a a lot of ways and pretty soon Leeds, Boro and another couple will be out of sight. No parachute payments next year either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not for one second excusing it. And I didn’t see the game so can’t really comment. 

But losing 3-0 to Cardiff at the start of last season was dreadful too. 

Its a criticism of Bruce. We start slowly. But when we click we click. And I wouldn’t be surprised if t happens again. 

Starts slowly, finishes slowly, is slow in the middle too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Anyone wanting Villa to lose or Terry not to sign purely for Bruce to be sacked need to give their heads a wobble...

Bruce is irrelevant. His job is to get us out of this division, and that's it. We're getting a new manager and a new team if we get promoted. And I honestly don't care how it's achieved as long as it's achieved. 

Each day that passes without JT signing is a day wasted. The sooner he signs, the earlier he will be matchfit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

You mean the run before xmas? As a lot of us were saying at the time, playing crap and winning is fine, but it's not sustainable. It means playing crap and getting 1 or no points is right around the corner. Look at this season, We had our best start for years, whilst looking awful mostly, and guess what, the awful continued and the points disappeared. 

Think last year when playing bad we had Snodgrass, Hourihane or Adomah to pop up with a goal which papered cracks

Snoddy is gone, Hourihane benched and Adomah off form

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think last year when playing bad we had Snodgrass, Hourihane or Adomah to pop up with a goal which papered cracks

Snoddy is gone, Hourihane benched and Adomah off form

But instead we have a couple of other lads who most likely can do something similar. 

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

The run after xmas is another thing entirely, and if Bruce can't get that form back, then it's not a great endorsement of his managerial ability, it makes it look like it happened by chance. Hogan scoring in a run of games, passing it out from the back, keeping the ball, controlling games. It was very good, even if it wasn't like 90 minutes of dominance every time we went out compared to the good run before xmas it was another world. Trouble is though, after Wolves, boom. Up in a puff of smoke, never seen again.

Then he demolished us over the summer while signing midfielders, wingers/forwards and loaning out our defence only to not replace what went out. 

I'd love him to magically turn it around and get us on a run like after xmas, but it's really not looking likely. We look worse than last year in a a lot of ways and pretty soon Leeds, Boro and another couple will be out of sight. No parachute payments next year either.

The irony is.....Leeds and Boro are not in the same class as Fulham and Wolves or Cardiff.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Paper-over-cracks.jpgHe would be signing for all the wrong reasons this time round in my book.

We have made it known to the world we're now desperate and he would be the one nail keeping us together so to speak and I dare say all the other 23 teams will see him as a target to 'take out' in a bid to cripple us back to our knees like Bruce has us at this moment in time.

I agree...….I think that was the case after his injury too.....these teams are not idiots.

Chris Iwelumo said on Talksport 2 that signing JT is a no-brainer. He added, "What he brings in the dressing room, the presence, the professionalism, the organisation, the communication,"

Everything that he does makes Aston Villa's squad a stronger squad. "

"What he's achieved as a player, straight away he goes in and the dressing room lifts.

"You must understand. You're saying it's a step back, I disagree.

"It's another experienced head that has been there and done it.

"He will have to get back up to speed, but what he brings in being ahead mentally as well, he sees the game, he plays the game, he's doing his coaching as well.

"What he brings is a voice, is a leader, it's needed in every dressing room."  

Link to this from The Express: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1014039/Aston-Villa-news-John-Terry-transfer

Edited by John
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, romavillan said:

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Starts slowly, finishes slowly, is slow in the middle too!

Amazing that a team so slow and shit finished 4th and got to the playoff final.

VT exaggeration strikes again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazing that a team so slow and shit finished 4th and got to the playoff final.

VT exaggeration strikes again!

No it just shows you with the squad we had, we should've been promoted automatically and then we never would've played in a playoff to lose....

You can keep playing the exaggeration card, the only thing that is exaggerated is Bruce's ability....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No it just shows you with the squad we had, we should've been promoted automatically and then we never would've played in a playoff to lose....

You can keep playing the exaggeration card, the only thing that is exaggerated is Bruce's ability....

Well according to you we had a slow start a slow middle and a slow end.

Yet we won 24 games, scored 72 goals and got 83 points. Finishing 4th.

So yes you are exaggerating. It wasn't good enough, no arguments there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well according to you we had a slow start a slow middle and a slow end.

Yet we won 24 games, scored 72 goals and got 83 points. Finishing 4th.

So yes you are exaggerating. It wasn't good enough, no arguments there.

Look Stevo, I have no beef with you so this will be my last comment quoting you on this.

I'm not exaggerating, we started slowly, my memory isn't great but pretty sure we beat wolves then went on another slow patch. Then we kinda limped into the playoffs.

In my opinion, without these 'slow periods' we should've walked the league up there with wolves. 

I am happy to disagree with you, but in no way do I think I'm exaggerating. I understand you feel that I am.

Let's leave it there.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can't see it happening now, time is wasting for both the club and what is left of JT's career. You would imagine this would have been wrapped up fairly quickly.

have to agree, its been way too quiet and there really isn't anything complicated about the situation.

Perhaps the people running the club are standing their ground on this even thou Bruce & Terry though they would change their minds when all other option were gone.

Or it's just a nothing story...

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't know, it looks more like an uncovering than a papering ;)

• Like 1

Â