John Terry

Farlz

I can't remember a time when it's seemed like a signing has been so important as this would be, just like last season he would instantly make the team more solid and organised. If we get him he will probably save the manager his job. Surely the owners can see how vital this is despite their transfer policy. 

• Like 1

I’m sure the owners can see the seriousness of the situation regarding our defence. So hopefully they will move to try to limit the damage done. The quick fix solution would be to get John Terry back as we are short of central defenders and leaders. I’m pretty sure they will also recognise who got us into this situation and sack him for gross negligence. I don’t think they are people who appreciate being backed into a corner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Razor said:

If we get him he will probably save the manager his job. Surely the owners can see how desperate Bruce is despite their transfer policy. 

The same policy they reminded him about a month ago when he asked about signing the same said player then too.

He's not had any pre season, seems like he's been on holiday for most of his time. How long until he's actually fully fit?

That being said, he's still a huge upgrade on Jedinak but Bruce really is desperate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure the owners can see the seriousness of the situation regarding our defence. So hopefully they will move to try to limit the damage done. The quick fix solution would be to get John Terry back as we are short of central defenders and leaders. I’m pretty sure they will also recognise who got us into this situation and sack him for gross negligence. I don’t think they are people who appreciate being backed into a corner. 

Absolutely.

Do not get me wrong and I am not taking anything away from JT in this, but more Bruce for his desperation tactics.

I suppose this will be excuse no.137 when he's sacked.

"If I had got to sign JT for a second time I would have got us there or thereabouts for sure, sadly that's not to be".

• Like 1

I want Bruce gone, completely, utterly and without hesitation BUT let's step back a second here and really think about the accusation that he's sabotaged our defence to engineer this situation. It just can't be the case. There'll be a team working on all aspects of comings and goings and it's not as though he's secretly sold/loaned players behind the owner's backs!

There's been a massive error in judgement somewhere and he's definitely partially responsible but it simply can't be sabotage in this day and age. At worst he's convinced the powers that be that we can make do with what we've got and will have to admit fault and plea for a free agent - hardly makes him look good to his employers. More likely, the team behind the transfers, SB included, assumed they had a replacement for Elphick and it all went t*ts up.

I still think this Terry story has grown from fan hope to column filler based on nothing whatsoever and he's is not coming back. Whilst the need is so obviously there I think Bruce won't admit his mistakes, the owners don't want to bankroll this kind of player and Terry won't want to be seen as a desperate last resort. Not happening in my opinion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I want Bruce gone, completely, utterly and without hesitation BUT let's step back a second here and really think about the accusation that he's sabotaged our defence to engineer this situation. It just can't be the case. There'll be a team working on all aspects of comings and goings and it's not as though he's secretly sold/loaned players behind the owner's backs!

There's been a massive error in judgement somewhere and he's definitely partially responsible but it simply can't be sabotage in this day and age. At worst he's convinced the powers that be that we can make do with what we've got and will have to admit fault and plea for a free agent - hardly makes him look good to his employers. More likely, the team behind the transfers, SB included, assumed they had a replacement for Elphick and it all went t*ts up.

I still think this Terry story has grown from fan hope to column filler based on nothing whatsoever and he's is not coming back. Whilst the need is so obviously there I think Bruce won't admit his mistakes, the owners don't want to bankroll this kind of player and Terry won't want to be seen as a desperate last resort. Not happening in my opinion.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Terry is a year older now remember and not fit, would take 2-3 weeks to get fit and even then any strikers with pace will rip him apart, thing is he probably is better than what we have, shows how desperate we are. 

We are getting ripped apart even without any kind of pace.

He’s more than welcome, the sooner the better.

JT won't be coming back. 

The wages would be ridiculous and we are already skating on very thin ice financially as it is.

Then you have the fact that at his age he would have needed a very good pre-season to get into any kind of form.

He has had absolutely no pre-season.

Can't see this happening at all.

Terry yes please, he brings stability and he's an inspiration on youngsters, they all look up to him no matter who is playing around him.

Would love him to take over from Bruce to be honest, would prefer him over Henry.. 

• Like 1

Â