John Terry

Farlz

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can't see him coming back to us after announcing his retirement. He would fix the problem if he stayed fit. 

When did he do that? 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He will be radically unfit so you wouldn't expect him to be ready to play until November and what you'll get then is a dramatically declined player on last season, pointless.

wasn't he back training at Chelsea at one point?

I think he will be the same as he was last season if he came back, he had limitations last season but his positional sense was good and as long as Chester was the one doing the legwork (along with a bit of Hutton) then it was a half decent defence.

either that will help sort Nyland out or we need to try Morrera

i agree though that we need to sign a longer term solution in Jan

Edited by VillanousOne

It doesn't really matter how well you keep active, how much jogging you do and how much you push yourself in your gym. You will still be miles off match fitness, nothing compares to that. Professional footballers now are well beyond any sort of normal fitness, it's insane to even hope to get anywhere close to that level on your own regime.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He will be radically unfit so you wouldn't expect him to be ready to play until November and what you'll get then is a dramatically declined player on last season, pointless.

He keeps himself in shape and still trains and will just need to get match fit - maybe 3 or 4 weeks at most .

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My bad, I thought he'd made the decision to retire. I Don't pay too much attention, obviously. 

I read somewhere that he had signed up to be a TV pundit in the far east somewhere (In July) spelling an end to any speculation of him coming back or playing on for anyone else.

Again this could be wrong.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

well at the moment it doesn't look like we have, more the fans and the internet willing it to happen.

Agreed. The club had better try to make it happen because we need to do something about our central defence quickly and I am not sure shifting what we already have around will do the trick. 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

He keeps himself in shape and still trains and will just need to get match fit - maybe 3 or 4 weeks at most .

Seems to me he has been on holiday for a while. Massive difference between 'keeping in shape' and training for a football season.

• Like 2

I hope he turns us down. 

"Sorry, Steve, I gave my all for you last season, now I'm putting my feet up and enjoying my retirement. I'd have thought you'd have planned for this, but you've made your bed, and I'm afraid you'll have to lie in it. Best of luck, JT". 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

I hope he turns us down. 

"Sorry, Steve, I gave my all for you last season, now I'm putting my feet up and enjoying my retirement. I'd have thought you'd have planned for this, but you've made your bed, and I'm afraid you'll have to lie in it. Best of luck, JT". 

"...and thanks for all that cash!"

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I hope he turns us down. 

100% this.

I also hope he tells Bruce where to go!

- Not that I do not want him here, more the fact that it will expose Bruce for the almighty f*** up he has made of this.

Â