John Terry

Farlz

2 minutes ago, John said:

Yes that was what McInnes said about the proposed transfer as well as adding that he thought their player could do better than a Championship club. I think Moukoudi was the first choice all along but that deal dragged on until he said no on the last day of the window leaving us with little time left to get anyone else in. I guess we really thought Moukoudi was going to happen so did not go for our second choice before it was too late.   

Moukoudi had turned down other English clubs because he wanted to stay in France.

It took me two minutes to find that out on the old browser the first time his name was linked with us.

Did Bruce not bother to fire up his iPad?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

Yes that was what McInnes said about the proposed transfer as well as adding that he thought their player could do better than a Championship club. I think Moukoudi was the first choice all along but that deal dragged on until he said no on the last day of the window leaving us with little time left to get anyone else in. I guess we really thought Moukoudi was going to happen so did not go for our second choice before it was too late.   

Lets be honest John.....not trying to deflect blame away from Bruce.....but the rescue came a bit late.....even though, better late than never.

The take over has raised expectations.......I fear, it may be a mirror of last season, close, but just that little bit short.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He played CB for United PL2. We have PL2 CBs. What games have you watched? He's been trash. Worst defender last 4

I've watched all of the games, he's been fairly average whilst being played out of position. He's not a right back and is never going to excel there.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If you say so.

Literally nobody thinks he can do no wrong.

Literally everybody agrees we should be doing much better.

Most people want him gone. And most of those who don't only think that because of a matter of timing or replacement.

You're posting a monumental mountain of bullshit today.

• Like 1

When I played Sunday league (a while back) we were a reasonably good team.

Good players in all areas for the standard anyway.

All of us though would look around the pub car park waiting for our captain to show. Not because he was the best player or the youngest....

But because when he arrived the team felt more confident...without him which (fortunately was not often) we suffered and lost games we should have won.

If Terry has this effect on us as a team its a no brainer.

Call it anyone's fault if you like....... but this team needs a player like him and there is only one available so I pray it happens!

I’d take Terry and June at the moment to be honest.

Let’s not forget JT got injured last season. If the same happened again we’d be right back where we are now (I know, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle).

For me, to even be in this position is gross negligence. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

I’d take Terry and June at the moment to be honest.

Let’s not forget JT got injured last season. If the same happened again we’d be right back where we are now (I know, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle).

For me, to even be in this position is gross negligence. 

Yep. This is the point I was trying to make earlier.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

while i don't think we can blame Bruce for not signing Moukoudi or McKenna, the fact he let Elphick go on loan before securing either of those is incredibly dumb. Going all in on a new signing with a midfielder as plan B is just retarded.

It seems he just did not think Elphick was up to it any more and I tend to agree on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Moukoudi had turned down other English clubs because he wanted to stay in France.

It took me two minutes to find that out on the old browser the first time his name was linked with us.

Did Bruce not bother to fire up his iPad?

Can dinosaurs use an iPad? ;)

Begininng to think this won't be happening.

He's spent the last few weeks in Portugal and is now in London.

If there was a plan in place for him to sign he would currently be at Bodymoor signing his contract, having photos taken and begininng a mini two week pre-season ready for the Blackburn game. 

32 minutes ago, John said:

It seems he just did not think Elphick was up to it any more and I tend to agree on that. 

maybe so, but he did fine when he deputised for Terry last season.

and vs Jed who isn't a defender and has shown that multiple times i would rather have an 'actual defender'

I don't imagine the fact that from day 1 Bruce has literally played 'anyone but Elphick' has done wonders to his confidence and made him actually want to even try and prove he is the man to fill Terry's shoes when you have been treated this way.

we are now left with James Bree or AT playing CB and no matter how good they are or what potential they have even if they do get in ahead of Jed they will still make a lot of costly mistakes due to inexperience.

• Like 2

Â