John Terry

Farlz

Unlikely I know, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if he resigned for Villa. He was huge for us last year but surely another year is beyond him. He gave us what we needed last year with his commitment and mentality.

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s beyond him. He played a lot of games last season and the chunk that he missed was due to a broken foot. That can happen to anyone, it’s not an age thing. 

Of course he’ll be deteriorating now but I don’t see why he couldn’t do another season at this level. 

Given his wages then letting him go probably was the right decision, but if he was still here I’d expect him to contribute well. 

Was wondering if anyone from the club may have offered him another year since the events of last week. If it was on 25-30k per week it would seem like a no brainer really as we are not exactly awash with good CB. Think he probably still has another year in him.

Well if we plan to play 3 at the back it would be an interesting one if he was the central of the lot of them.

I can't see him coming back and I don't think we currently have the fullbacks to pull off a 5-3-2 on the regular...but it is intriguing.

The other thing to consider is that he's a big name, maybe the new investors want a big name for their money? If he is flirting with potentially re-signing then they might dictate that we bring him back.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, one of our best performers last year, a great influence on the squad and a model pro while he was here. Would be crazy not to take him back.

• Like 2

Him and Chester were the best pairing in the league. We honestly can't do better at the moment. In a back 3, his passing and vision would be great. 

Green-Chester-Terry-Elphick-De Laet would be great. 

Then you also have Bree, Taylor, Hutton, and hopefully another center back. 

I have a sneaky suspicion he will re-sign, either that or he is off to the states.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

Need to get him back asap if hes up for it.

We need his organisation skills as we look a total shambles.

I know tonights match is a 2nd string but im not getting too much confidence from the 2 league games weve played either.

I was against it before the season started but seeing how unorganized we are at the back we need his leadership and him being a left sided CB means Chester gets to play right CB.

2 hours ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

I was against it before the season started but seeing how unorganized we are at the back we need his leadership and him being a left sided CB means Chester gets to play right CB.

I've put myself on record here saying we shouldn't have him back as I think the end of last season showed his legs are all but gone and what we'd get this year is what many feared we'd get last season, but were wrong. Now I'm coming round to the idea that even if we only have him on the pitch for half the games we play it could be the right move.

I have to say, Chester may be captain but he's not not an inspirational blood and thunder leader. He hasn't retired - apparently - and hasn't gone anywhere else, so if an arrangement can be made I wouldn't be averse to him coming back. If coaching is involved, so much the better, I've always welcomed that move for this season, his presence last year was invaluable. What I didn't anticipate was being open to him playing this year but we've been dodgy enough at the back for me to do a volte-face on that one. :lol:

No brainer for me to bring him back for another season, even if it is just a bit part role, his presence amongst the squad would be beneficial.

They said on SKY last night SB is still in regular contact with him.

Â