John Terry

Farlz

7 hours ago, jim said:

Signed for Derby with huge pay cut ?

I wouldn't be to bothered to be honest, he was good but not as good as James Chester, I'd much rather us get axel back from utd on loan and play him at cb than go with JT again. 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would have love doing terry to stay but no getting out of it he is 38 I don’t think he will get as many games as this year next season.

There is no question that he is in the decline stage of his career and will almost certainly play less games each season that he continues. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be good enough for us next season, but each season the risk to his club increases. If we had have signed Terry again, we would have needed more cover than we will signing a younger center back which in our financial situation has got to count against us making him an offer.

4 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

I wouldn't be to bothered to be honest, he was good but not as good as James Chester, I'd much rather us get axel back from utd on loan and play him at cb than go with JT again. 

That's a weird thing to want, given that Terry was consistently great for us, and Tuanzebe has looked absolute toilet.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's a weird thing to want, given that Terry was consistently great for us, and Tuanzebe has looked absolute toilet.

I'd say I agree. Axel hasnt been great. But to be fair bruce hasn't played him cb once.

I'd keep chester get axel in again. Try get a cb for a free and promote a youngster as cb. Then I would send richards to the glue factory

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd say I agree. Axel hasnt been great. But to be fair bruce hasn't played him cb once.

True. But that makes him, at best, and unknown quantity. I'd still rather keep the guy who has done really well for us for a season (despite his age) than a guy who has looked shit, but MIGHT be decent.

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

True. But that makes him, at best, and unknown quantity. I'd still rather keep the guy who has done really well for us for a season (despite his age) than a guy who has looked shit, but MIGHT be decent.

I agree...or both (in greedy)

I'd be suprised if Terry plays as many games as he did for us.

7 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Axel was awful and the chances of either of those two turning out for us next season are slim to none.

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I would say consistantly good, not great. We benifited more from what he did off the field than what he did on imo. I think it would be bad business to go with him again, a year older, even if it's on a lower contract. Much rather see someone younger come in and try albeit on loan. 

Axel hardly featured so we never really got to see how good he actually is, he can't be that bad if he's still on utd books. 

5 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Axel hardly featured so we never really got to see how good he actually is, he can't be that bad if he's still on utd books. 

So instead of a player who has proved he can perform at this level (albeit a year older) you'd rather go with a guy who has looked completely shit, but MIGHT not be "that bad"?

Each to their own.

Unfortunately it's not a choice we get to make.

Â