John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Conspiracy theory that Bruce engineered this is crazy. He's not that Machiavellian he's just rubbish

Bruce already said hed asked the owners about JT and they’d told him no as they wanted to attract younger players and not go down that route -now the window is shut it’s no surprise he would again ask that question .

Bruce decided to let a centre half go on loan having no cover for that position - he totally deserves to be sacked for a number of reasons .

As for JT - he brings leadership, organisation and quality which are all sadly lacking in our current defence -Chester looked superb alongside JT , he has looked average alongside the hapless jedinak 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce already said hed asked the owners about JT and they’d told him no as they wanted to attract younger players and not go down that route -now the window is shut it’s no surprise he would again ask that question .

Bruce decided to let a centre half go on loan having no cover for that position - he totally deserves to be sacked for a number of reasons .

Bang on.

He has a CB on loan who he plays at RB, a natural CB he has now loaned out and buggers talks up over the other French CB.

What a mess! Sacked indeed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we are tight on money, I'd rather us use the money to sack Bruce than employ Terry again. I loved Terry but Bruce if ruining this team

I think we can bring back JT and still Bruce will still be on borrowed time - I really don’t see him lasting beyond October unless there is a considerable upturn in results .

17 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we are tight on money, I'd rather us use the money to sack Bruce than employ Terry again. I loved Terry but Bruce if ruining this team

I think you must have the wrong team?

Cannot be our Bruce surely, from what I have read the man can do no wrong.

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think you must have the wrong team?

Cannot be our Bruce surely, from what I have read the man can do no wrong.

Nobody has ever said this. I've reacted against posts in the past I think are twisting facts and I'm sure I would have been bracketed in the kind of group being mocked here. There's one thing reacting against the occasional nonsense and another believing he can do no wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

actually coach the players, play centre halves at centre half. Work with the defence he has.  Or find a player who isn't on the way out and hasn't trained in months. Or quit.

Maybe he has done all those things....he failed in bid to get 2 young centre halves in, before the deadline.

The last option is probably the only one left.....and how likely is that?

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Nobody has ever said this. I've reacted against posts in the past I think are twisting facts and I'm sure I would have been bracketed in the kind of group being mocked here. There's one thing reacting against the occasional nonsense and another believing he can do no wrong.

Nobody has said what?

From what I have read 'the man can do no wrong'.

I didn't say from what everyone has said 'the man can do no wrong'.

I am merely commenting of the equal blind faith that some still have for our poor manager we have in charge and the defence of him - it appears the man can do no wrong. Imo

Hope that has cleared this up.  :thumb:

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe he has done all those things....he failed in bid to get 2 young centre halves in, before the deadline.

The last option is probably the only one left.....and how likely is that?

You know when you are asked to do the washing up, and you don't want to do the washing up, so you make sure you do a really crap job to make sure you are never asked again to do the washing up. Maybe that is what Bruce did when trying to convince other defenders to join.. ;)

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You know when you are asked to do the washing up, and you don't want to do the washing up, so you make sure you do a really crap job to make sure you are never asked again to do the washing up. Maybe that is what Bruce did when trying to convince other defenders to join.. ;)

Well regarding the Aberdeen defender their boss said Bruce rang him a week earlier asking about  the player and was told the longer you leave it the less chance of a deal - Bruce then rang him back to make an offer on deadline day afternoon , so clearly had not heeded the warning .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I think that is a long shot, albeit nothing surprises me anymore.

i don't know the trials and tribulations, these guys have in getting players in, so i am reluctant to speculate.

However, I am really not impressed with what i am witnessing on match day, particularly, defensively.

There are many points of mitigation, but the question is are we getting any better, overall.

I am not proposing the appointment of Neil Warnock, but i do believe by now, he would have square pegs in square holes etc....and balance.

We keep looking like a patchwork quilt and an un balanced outfit.

The rate at which our players come in to the club and in addition lose form or struggle for form.....is it any wonder we all struggle to identify the best eleven, inc the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

His natural position is centre back which is why he's played at centre back in his appearences for United. He can play right back and defensive midfield if required.

You are basing your judgment on him from his perfomances at right back, hardly fair. He's actually been one of the better performers in the back four so far this season.

He played CB for United PL2. We have PL2 CBs. What games have you watched? He's been trash. Worst defender last 4

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He played CB for United PL2. We have PL2 CBs. What games have you watched? He's been trash. Worst defender last 4

He's also been playing out of position.

The one game he did play at CB, he looked decent enough.

37 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well regarding the Aberdeen defender their boss said Bruce rang him a week earlier asking about  the player and was told the longer you leave it the less chance of a deal - Bruce then rang him back to make an offer on deadline day afternoon , so clearly had not heeded the warning .

Yes that was what McInnes said about the proposed transfer as well as adding that he thought their player could do better than a Championship club. I think Moukoudi was the first choice all along but that deal dragged on until he said no on the last day of the window leaving us with little time left to get anyone else in. I guess we really thought Moukoudi was going to happen so did not go for our second choice before it was too late.   

5 minutes ago, John said:

Yes that was what McInnes said about the proposed transfer as well as adding that he thought their player could do better than a Championship club. I think Moukoudi was the first choice all along but that deal dragged on until he said no on the last day of the window leaving us with little time left to get anyone else in. I guess we really thought Moukoudi was going to happen so did not go for our second choice before it was too late.   

while i don't think we can blame Bruce for not signing Moukoudi or McKenna, the fact he let Elphick go on loan before securing either of those is incredibly dumb. Going all in on a new signing with a midfielder as plan B is just retarded.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Â