John Terry

Farlz

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

maybe he's just getting interviewing experience....and that's his main agenda.

I've not read any stories mate, has he been interviewed or is it just paper talk? 

To be honest, even if he was interested in the job (which I don't think he is based on the comments i alluded to) i am 100% confident that due to his professionalism, he would not be talking to any clubs in the week building up to a huge final.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

i am 100% confident that due to his professionalism, he would not be talking to any clubs in the week building up to a huge final.

This. 

I am sure it would be like "I'm a bit busy at the moment, could we perhaps do this next Tuesday?" 

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Well that was disappointing, no full kit.

Other than that lovely!

Apparently Mings and Tuanzebe among others has talked a lot about how much Terry has helped them develop and the turnaround with our defense from the first half of the season is staggering.

Hope he stays now, also hope the extra money means we can strengthen the coaching set up even more.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

can't believe no one will take a punt on him as manager before next season starts. Many will look at the job lampard did at Derby and give him a whirl imo.

I agree. Whelan to step into the Terry role.

• Like 1

If Terry moves on I rather we replaced him with someone who will not be learning the ropes having their first season as coach/assistant.

If Whelan or Jedi want's to learn the trade they can do it with the reserves or youth team.

We need pros.

• Like 2

Very interested to know what input JT has had I was worried he might struggle as number 2 and want some limelight but seems he's quietly gone about his business and been a massive part of what we've achieved.

Another season with us in the Premier please JT! 

• Like 1

There's a lot of media talk about him wanting to be a manager like Lampard and Gerrard but I think he still wants to learn more and will leave for the right club....Middlesbrough isn't the right club for him.

Plus that tweet suggests that he wants to stay a little while longer.

Edited by New_Hope
  • Like 1

Best thing for him is to stay another season, only problem is if we go straight back down his stock will be lowered significantly, especially as all the scrutiny will be on the defence. 

Not everyone will do a Lampard, people need to earn these managers roles.

If someone told me 10 years ago how much I would like this guy I would have sent them to a mental institution!

He has had such a positive influence since he came to the club and will always respect him for that and his attitude since he came here, as both a player and now as a coach.

I may be biased but I really do believe that he should have another year with us (in the premier league - yes that feels so good to type!) and continue to learn the trade under Smith.

Also, if and when he does leave, I don't think Middlesborough is the right fit personally. 

• Like 3

He seems to be reiterating his approach of starting at the very bottom of management. That he's just learning the job.

Seems quite grounded to be fair.

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in this role for next season at least.

• Like 2

Terry has always been one to test himself against the best, I'm sure he'll want to test his defence against the best next season.

He's been very humble in his approach to coaching and management and I think he realises there's still a lot to learn from Smith and O'Kelly, I would like to think he'll be around next season, he's on to a good thing here and it's too soon for him to take the Chelsea job which I'd imagine is his end goal.

Fair play to him, he's been a real professional.

• Like 3

Terry will stay for another season or two, he clearly feels he still has a lot more to learn and seems to be someone who wants to have earned their stripes before jumping into a more glamorous role. Fair play to him.

Also in that interview with Smith and Purslow Smith mentions how JT lifts his spirits after the Wigan game, JT’s influence has gone way beyond just coaching the defence. Long may it continue.  

I think he stays 3-4 years in this job and he will be a better manager than Lampard , honstly dont get why Lampard gets so much praise yes well done he got to the final but derby to quote Steve Bruce derby have been “there and thereabout” for years.

Edited by gwi1890

23 hours ago, sne said:

If Terry moves on I rather we replaced him with someone who will not be learning the ropes having their first season as coach/assistant.

If Whelan or Jedi want's to learn the trade they can do it with the reserves or youth team.

We need pros.

Laursen/Mellberg?

Â