John Terry

Farlz

When he chooses to leave, there should be no hard feelings at all. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his career as an assistant, we know this.

However, he's been retired as a player for a year. Smith's doing great things, and if things go well, next year he'll be an assistant in the PL. If all goes to plan, I expect staying here in the PL for another year, learning and doing his badges is a better opportunity than rocking up at Boro with the expectations of promotion. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He will plough his own field.

Not sure about that. 

He usually ploughs the field of a teammates wife doesn't he? 

• Haha 1

Most people within the game acknowledge that a big factor in Lampards success this season has been his number 2 Jody Morris.

I'm not saying Lampard wouldn't want Terry as part of his team, but he won't be ditching Morris to make way for him. 

Love having JT and he wants to help us complete what he was brought in for. (IMO not really sure if he really is DS No2 in more than just the name of the position ) 

But I wouldn't be too worried about losing JT after Wembley ,  Deano back room staff will be fine. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Isn't it convenient that the media first telling us w ehavw to go up or grealish goes now they trying to unsettle Terry before the play off game? 

We know who the media prefer. 

Dem - I don't think there's any conspiracy play. Derby have been dealing with Lampard to Chelsea rumours all week, and we all know the state of play with Grealish. I expect a straw poll of the media would actually probably prefer us to go up.

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Most people within the game acknowledge that a big factor in Lampards success this season has been his number 2 Jody Morris.

I'm not saying Lampard wouldn't want Terry as part of his team, but he won't be ditching Morris to make way for him. 

I am sure JT will not join Lampard, it would have happened by now, if it was going to happen at all.....Personal Pride, would not allow John to play second fiddle to lamps.....He will be his own manager next.

On 22/05/2019 at 22:09, sidcow said:

Not sure about that. 

He usually ploughs the field of a teammates wife doesn't he? 

No...that's furrowing whiskers.

Edited by TRO

53 minutes ago, Dave J said:

That's an appealing prospect at some point in the future is it not?

Well they will be managing not playing, so its debatable.....great players as they were for us, they have no more love for the club than Dean.

I can't think of another prospective manager that would eclipse the feeling for the Club Than Dean Smith......so if there is anyone, we all want to succeed its Dean.

I hope he is with us for years to come.....because it means he will be successful.

Oops I' ll bet John Terry Agrees.

Edited by TRO

Id be surprised if Terry left after one season as an assistant. He's on a learning curve and would still be forming his own coaching methodology. He doesn't come across to me as someone who throws himself into something without being ready, and if Villa are promoted another couple of seasons as an assistant will be a good base for him to start his management career.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

That's an appealing prospect at some point in the future is it not?

If we happened to replace Terry (If he goes anywhere) with either of the above, it would more than soften the blow.

If memory serves did Terry not say when he joined us (as a coach) that he felt he was a good few years away from management and wanted to take a few years gaining experience as a coach?

I remember thinking it seemed a very level headed and sensible approach, so I'm not sure that attitude towards his future will have drastically changed in 12 months. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Well they will be managing not playing, so its debatable.....great players as they were for us, they have no more love for the club than Dean.

I can't think of another prospective manager that would eclipse the feeling for the Club Than Dean Smith......so if there is anyone, we all want to succeed its Dean.

I hope he is with us for years to come.....because it means he will be successful.

Oops I' ll bet John Terry Agrees.

Personally I agree 100% TRO - however if we are struggling at the wrong end of the prem come January - don't be surprised to see him fired.

this is modern day football I am afraid to say,

You only have to look at the scandalous way that Chris Houghton has been treated to see this,

anyway in Dean we trust !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

If memory serves did Terry not say when he joined us (as a coach) that he felt he was a good few years away from management and wanted to take a few years gaining experience as a coach?

I remember thinking it seemed a very level headed and sensible approach, so I'm not sure that attitude towards his future will have drastically changed in 12 months. 

maybe he's just getting interviewing experience....and that's his main agenda.

Edited by TRO

Â