John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

EDIT: I've deleted this as too aggressive, but honestly your comment here is rubbish and you should take your own advice. 

You are welcome to your opinion. I don't share it. Seeing people *still* defending Bruce amazes me.

14 hours ago, Thug said:

Judging Bruce’s tenure is a tricky subject.

Was his performance here awful? Probably not.

got us to a play off final where we were beaten narrowly based on score, but comprehensively based on performance.

i still believe given the players he had at his disposal we should have stroller to promotion, probably finishing second to wolves who really were a class above.

Smith has clearly shown how to make the best use of the players available, and those that were written off under Bruce, look the decent players the probably always were, and those that were decent look like the quality players they probably always were.

Players are looking fitter, sharper, and more confident - and I can’t help but wonder why that should be the case unless they were being mismanaged?

I get a strong feeling that he is too quick to write off players and as a result cause problems in the dressing room.

Clearly he’s not an awful manager, as Wednesday’s recent up turn in form suggests, but there’s a reason why he doesn’t last very long at any club,  and I will not be surprised when the wheels come off there too, and he’s appointed at another club that are looking to get into the play offs.

His philosophy reeks of short-termism, and that isn’t a healthy way to go about things.

I think he puts his own stubborn-ness above what’s good for the club, and hence the mess that was left in defence.

Was he the worst manager we’ve had in recent times? Not by a long shot.

Did we make any progress under his guidance? Not at all

Do I wish him well for the future? Yeah, I actually do.

Do you know what? I think this is absolutely spot on. 

Anyway - J On topic, Here is a pic of JT rocking some shades

JT.JPG

Edited by TheStagMan

On 22/04/2019 at 17:27, TheStagMan said:

You are welcome to your opinion. I don't share it. Seeing people *still* defending Bruce amazes me.

You should check out the Bruce thread. I got a few snarky comments for daring to critise the great Steve Bruce. 

Back on to Terry.  He’s now one of us.

On 21/04/2019 at 20:23, Dave J said:

Really TRO ? I thought he did a dreadful job, given what was available to him throughout his tenure.

Can you just imagine where we would be if he was still here ?

Still In Witton/Aston I suppose? 

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You should check out the Bruce thread. I got a few snarky comments for daring to critise the great Steve Bruce. 

Back on to Terry.  He’s now one of us.

Terry wouldn't have been here last year or this year if it wasn't for Bruce ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Loved the bit last night when Smith was having a moan at the fourth official and you can clearly see the fourth official is threatening to send Smith to the stands. A little nod and a wink to Terry and he takes up the role. Even gave him stick when he touched him. 

• Like 1

Â