John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, colhint said:

So do we sing John Terry, He's one of our own  when we play Chelsea?

I think that might be a tad disrespectful to John Terry....but then I know you are kidding.

we must be grateful for small mercies.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 10:59, TrentVilla said:

Bang on.

Personally I think he is in no rush, I think he will take a year in the PL in the background.

He could have walked into a manager job last summer if he wanted to but he is too smart to do that.

😙 

So the press bang out a load of old tosh about him going to x, y & z club and then bosh he has signed a new contract.

It’s odd isn’t it, it’s almost like they make the stuff up that they write...

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

😙 

So the press bang out a load of old tosh about him going to x, y & z club and then bosh he has signed a new contract.

It’s odd isn’t it, it’s almost like they make the stuff up that they write...

Quote for truth. 

One of the few positives from the past few years is Villa fans now are actively hostile and utterly skeptical of the lying sports press after seeing the utter nonsense they wrote about us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

bit OTT, could think of at least 100 players who have made more of an impact for Villa than Terry. Not to say he wont in the future

I reckon Terry is one of the main reasons we went up along with Smith. Look at what mings and freakish have said about Terry since he has been here

Great news and clearly has such an influence here.

Kind of brings me hope knowing Mings wants to leave Bournmouth and can't wait to sign..

Hopefully Tuanzebe feels the same.

Being able to learn from someone like JT will only bode well.

• Like 2

I reckon JT  knows that our owners have big plans and ambitions for us! I think he will enjoy the journey that we are on! I've no doubt that he would have had several offers over the summer to go elsewhere!

Also love that he declined the offer of an interview at the boggies!

• 3 weeks later...

Linked with the Newcastle job. It's in the Sun so not linking.

Feel as though that would be a horrible choice for him but probably difficult to turn down. Following Rafa and having sold their best player with no idea about funds available is a recipe for disaster.

Give it a year or two and go to a Championship Club instead.

Edited by HalfTimePost

seems to be enjoying himself here, he's already incredibly wealthy and seemingly in no rush, he looks like a man who knows exactly what he wants to do

would be a strange summer if he rejected the opportunity to join frank at Chelsea, signed a new deal with us, left for newcastle

No way will anyone enter the bear pit that is Newcastle for their first managers job.  It would be a mental thing to do.  Sun are just trying to attract click bait.

But for Chelsea Lampard would still be cutting his teeth in The Championship and I expect Terry to do the same when he decides to strike out on his own.

He's got a good job here learning from a modern progressive coaching team.     He'll be here this season and possibly the next I think.

Anybody thinking of going to Newcastle must be mad. I don't expect JT is going anywhere.

I love this first line from football 365 on the Gerrard to Newcastle link....

https://www.football365.com/news/gerrard-sensibly-rejects-newcastle-after-ashley-approach

Gerrard sensibly rejects Newcastle after Ashley approach

Date published: Monday 8th July 2019 8:15

Rafa-Benitez-Steven-Gerrard-Football365.

Steven Gerrard is not an idiot so has rejected the opportunity to take over from Rafa Benitez at Newcastle.

Gerrard was one of two inexperienced former players turned coaches to have been approached by owner Mike Ashley.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

First time managers - you choose a chairman to work for and never a club.

JT isn't going to Newcastle. The only managers they will attract is merry go round regulars after a payday and a swift sacking.

They'll probably end up with someone like Moyes.

• Like 1

Â