John Terry

Farlz

Just now, Tommo_b said:

See his reaction and embrace with Smith at the final whistle? Think he is loving it at Villa! 

I really do wonder what he was thinking to himself last year under Bruce.
The training I guess a billion miles away from what he was used to, and what is being implemented now, but I imagine as captain he just soldiered on for the group.

He must have known it was a farce.

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I really do wonder what he was thinking to himself last year under Bruce.
The training I guess a billion miles away from what he was used to, and what is being implemented now, but I imagine as captain he just soldiered on for the group.

He must have known it was a farce.

The exaggerations about life under Bruce go on :D 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Other times he would cover himself in doner meat and demand the players called him 'King Kebab'. 

That is true actually.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/04/2019 at 22:18, Tommo_b said:

See his reaction and embrace with Smith at the final whistle? Think he is loving it at Villa! 

yet was rumours a few weeks ago of a bust up and Terry was going to leave 😂

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yet was rumours a few weeks ago of a bust up and Terry was going to leave 😂

Very funny video on YouTube channel with the coaching team playing golf.  Very funny and shows a real togetherness and spirit. Terry wins the second most embarassing trophy of his career behind only The Cup of Traditions. 

Aston-Villa-4.jpg

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Very funny video on YouTube channel with the coaching team playing golf.  Very funny and shows a real togetherness and spirit. Terry wins the second most embarassing trophy of his career behind only The Cup of Traditions. 

Aston-Villa-4.jpg

I didn't know Terry was on Sega Soccer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/04/2019 at 08:05, Stevo985 said:

The exaggerations about life under Bruce go on :D 

Its an attempt at justification....I would have thought all our energies would be targeted at the satisfaction of Dean Smith.

The Decision of Replacing Steve Bruce with Dean Smith, seems to have universal approval.....do we really need to keep digging up the corpse.....maybe its just a source on entertainment to some?

Personally, I have been disappointed when any of our managers have failed or been sacked....otherwise the team would be doing well.

If Dean goes the same way, I will be more than disappointed....god forbid.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Hey, man, you don't talk to King Kebab. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean, sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? 'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you'..." I mean, I'm no, I can't – I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. "I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas, there or thereabouts.

classic Dennis Hopper

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its an attempt at justification....I would have thought all our energies would be targeted at the satisfaction of Dean Smith.

The Decision of Replacing Steve Bruce with Dean Smith, seems to have universal approval.....do we really need to keep digging up the corpse.....maybe its just a source on entertainment.

Personally, I have been disappointed when any of our managers have failed or been sacked....otherwise the team would be doing well.

If Dean goes the same way, I will be more than disappointed....god forbid.

We're a miserable lot and need to have a good moan about something...  It's hard to find anything in particular to complain about when you've won 7 on the bounce.  Bruce is an easy target.  Hell, if we get promoted and then go undefeated next season, running away with the Premier League title, we'll still be going on and on about Potato Head around here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

We're a miserable lot and need to have a good moan about something...  It's hard to find anything in particular to complain about when you've won 7 on the bounce.  Bruce is an easy target.  Hell, if we get promoted and then go undefeated next season, running away with the Premier League title, we'll still be going on and on about Potato Head around here.

So easy, to attract an Audience.

I am serious here....every Villa fan I have spoken to face to face has said to me........I think he did a good job for us....but happy with Dean Smith.

That is not to be construed in to an agenda that he is better than Dean Smith, which some will try to do......2 separate issues.

To a person who has achieved so much at Chelsea and ingrained himself so much in that Football Club in c17 years of involvement and not doubting his continued love of that team.....I think it is an absolute credit and the measure of the MAN how much he has taken to us and committed himself to the progress of our football club.

I always had a suspicion he was like this ( I have a jaundiced approach to fake news) and am  now convinced he is like I thought he was ......A Top Pro.

Loved John Terry as a Footballer, Love John Terry as a Football Pro.

Commitment is a wonderful Thing.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2019 at 20:57, TRO said:

So easy, to attract an Audience.

I am serious here....every Villa fan I have spoken to face to face has said to me........I think he did a good job for us....but happy with Dean Smith.

That is not to be construed in to an agenda that he is better than Dean Smith, which some will try to do......2 separate issues.

Meh. I mean the word 'good' is subjective. He got us to a playoff final, which is good, the capitulation in said final was not and that was a culmination of 18 months of leadership from a manager with all the tactical nous of a walnut. The less said about this season the better, but on reflection you can say he did an OK job and I'd find it a passable opinion, depending what you think our aims were. He did the job I expected him to do in essence, he took us 'there or thereabouts'. He 'blew the cobwebs away' and taught the club how to win again, which is something.

With Smith, we are aiming for more and I would say he is currently delivering, he is doing a 'good' job. Which also happens to be the job I expected him to do. 

Â