John Terry

Farlz

If Derby offer him the job, he might well decide to turn down their offer. He is getting valuable experience with us and he will be a better manager for another year with us in the PL. I don't see him jumping at the opportunity to go to Chelsea and work under Lampard. I would guess that he sees himself on a par, with his former team mate and would prefer to be his own boss rather than to work for Frank. 

Should JT choose to leave, then he will do so with my thanks for what he has done for us. He owes us nothing, but I hope and I suspect that he will want to stick around a bit longer. I think he rather likes our football club. :)  

• Like 1

He’s too smart to jump into management straight away. Gerrard and Lampard are rare success stories. So many players make the jump straight in, are completely unprepared and then cripple all of their future prospects in management.

I still cant believe that Chelsea would take Lampard as manager. Way too much of a gamble IMO. Lampard may well become a great manager (I hope he does), but i think the unrealistic expectations at Chelsea will ruin him so early in his career.

Same goes for Terry. Both are still young men with 25+ years in management ahead of them if they do it right. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Gerrard and Lampard are rare success stories.

Gerrard finished 2nd with Rangers in a pub league, hardly a success story.

Fair play to Lampard but let's wait a bit more than 1 season before we deem him a success.

• Like 2

If anything Lampard actually underachieved, Derby had one of the best squads in the division so you could say that they should finished a lot better than sixth place, also they finished on less points, won less games, and scored fewer goals than the season before when Rowett was in charge.

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Gary Monk and Chris Hughton are both currently unemployed, so I think Terry will remain with us at least for this season.

I agree and not that I'm overly bothered but Sandwell must be nuts overlooking Houghton imo 

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gerrard finished 2nd with Rangers in a pub league, hardly a success story.

Fair play to Lampard but let's wait a bit more than 1 season before we deem him a success.

It was Rangers’ best finish and points total since they were promoted back to the premier league. For a first season as a manager, that’s definitely a success story. Doesn’t matter if it’s not a great league, it’s a different context. 

Edited by Spoony

39 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It was Rangers’ best finish and points total since they were promoted back to the premier league. For a first season as a manager, that’s definitely a success story. Doesn’t matter if it’s not a great league, it’s a different context. 

Rangers get to play in the Premier League while we're often being put into the Premiership. Why even bother with promotion?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Rangers get to play in the Premier League while we're often being put into the Premiership. Why even bother with promotion?

That winds me up too, but I never want to come across as a pedant. Plus the fella that always refers to it as the ‘premier’ or a ‘premier player’. Angers me beyond reason and I just swallow it down 😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

That winds me up too, but I never want to come across as a pedant. Plus the fella that always refers to it as the ‘premier’ or a ‘premier player’. Angers me beyond reason and I just swallow it down 😂😂

I’m not sure it’s being a pedant seeing as the name change was 12 YEARS ago !!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Pedant 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Extended contract...2021

Very pleased with this. Will hopefully put the rumours of potentially joining Lampard at Chelsea to bed. I think he wants to make it in his own right.

Â