17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Course James.

Ill sort the fix, you may as well rest up your big players........

They are all injured anyway.

Baker added to that list yesterday, his sub replacement managed 20 minutes before going off with an injury.

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you guys have written promotion this season could you let us win on New Years Day?

Would be much appreciated.

Just instruct your youth team to kick the ball on the ground. Will confuse our management

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you guys have written promotion this season could you let us win on New Years Day?

Would be much appreciated.

James between us this is how its going to work on New years (In case you want to pass on the info to some mates)

We will start the game on the upper foot (Just to make it look like we are not trying to lose).  Then on about the 10 minute mark we will let you score (Now you will have to excuse our inability to make it look realistic, it will probably be the first time any of your players have touched the ball)

Then you can sit back and relax as you watch us pass the ball around/run with the ball a lot without actually getting near the goal. Now we may need to score a goal here (as it must be looking too obvious whats been happening) but dont worry as soon as it goes in the ball is yours for the rest of the game.(except when we will have to do a bit more of that passing/running thing towards the end of the half to make it look convincing, but we have to work on this)

Its the seconds half you are going to have to worry about, only for the looks on the bookies face when you have to face them to get the money.  We probably wont even try and touch the ball until when you score on the hour mark, when we do a bit more of that running/passing melarky.

As soon as that goes in you may as well head to Corals to get to the front of the queue.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

James between us this is how its going to work on New years (In case you want to pass on the info to some mates)

We will start the game on the upper foot (Just to make it look like we are not trying to lose).  Then on about the 10 minute mark we will let you score (Now you will have to excuse our inability to make it look realistic, it will probably be the first time any of your players have touched the ball)

Then you can sit back and relax as you watch us pass the ball around/run with the ball a lot without actually getting near the goal. Now we may need to score a goal here (as it must be looking too obvious whats been happening) but dont worry as soon as it goes in the ball is yours for the rest of the game.(except when we will have to do a bit more of that passing/running thing towards the end of the half to make it look convincing, but we have to work on this)

Its the seconds half you are going to have to worry about, only for the looks on the bookies face when you have to face them to get the money.  We probably wont even try and touch the ball until when you score on the hour mark, when we do a bit more of that running/passing melarky.

As soon as that goes in you may as well head to Corals to get to the front of the queue.

I'll lump on a 2-1 away win then! :D

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I love the way the posts have changed from we're only X points off second to we're only X points off the playoffs 

But will you still love it the same in a few months, when they change to X points off relegation?

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

I love the way the posts have changed from we're only X points off second to we're only X points off the playoffs 

Glad I am not the only one noticing!

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

But will you still love it the same in a few months, when they change to X points off relegation?

Few months?  More like a few games! Bruce may also still be in charge for this and by then someone might get their finger out their arse and do something about our plight.

Or, Do either of you think we should stick by Bruce and give him yet another chance of changing it?

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

I really struggle with this idea that if he gets 1, 2, or 3 points from the next 2 games he is sacked, but if he gets 4 or more he is given a January Window and - almost certainly - a job until May.

Surely after 15 months of pretty much repetitive performances and results the Club ( and fans) should know which they think is best, without needing the luck of the draw of another 180 minutes ?

I find the idea ludicrous.

For me, he must go even if he gets 6 points from those 2 games, but I would also respect anyone who said he must NOT go even if we lose both. But it turning on those two games ? Nah not for me.

( see for example Gibson who knew what he wanted and ignored Monks result),

True although Gibson is very much a hands on owner unlike xia 

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

I really struggle with this idea that if he gets 1, 2, or 3 points from the next 2 games he is sacked, but if he gets 4 or more he is given a January Window and - almost certainly - a job until May.

Surely after 15 months of pretty much repetitive performances and results the Club ( and fans) should know which they think is best, without needing the luck of the draw of another 180 minutes ?

For me, he must go even if he gets 6 points from those 2 games, but I would also respect anyone who said he must NOT go even if we lose both. But it turning on those two games ? Nah not for me.

They are probably worried about where his compensation money is going to come from. You never know it might even affect Wyness's bonus. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

Talking in general terms, rather than specific to Bruce for one minute: one potential reason for considering a group of future results may be to check that a period of results actually represents a significant drop in performance that can only be rectified by a management change, rather than a cluster of poor results that are distributed together. 

For example, a pretty good Championship season, that would be good enough for somewhere in the 2nd - 4th range, would be W 25, D 10, L9 (85 points), but you can imagine a situation where four or five defeats and four or five draws are clustered in close proximity, which would provoke enough anger amongst fans to demand a change of manager. 

On 12/27/2017 at 22:26, villa89 said:

Shock: People discussing differing chances of promotion throughout a football season. :blink:

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Talking in general terms, rather than specific to Bruce for one minute: one potential reason for considering a group of future results may be to check that a period of results actually represents a significant drop in performance that can only be rectified by a management change, rather than a cluster of poor results that are distributed together. 

For example, a pretty good Championship season, that would be good enough for somewhere in the 2nd - 4th range, would be W 25, D 10, L9 (85 points), but you can imagine a situation where four or five defeats and four or five draws are clustered in close proximity, which would provoke enough anger amongst fans to demand a change of manager. 

Couldn’t agree more.

But not applicable here !

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Out of interest at what point were we closest to 2nd place? 

After Ipswich but the gap was still seven points as Cardiff were also winning every week.

The really weird thing is if we had gone on to beat Brentford we'd have been 6 points off second so closer despjte being awful last few weeks.

Very frustrating.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Out of interest at what point were we closest to 2nd place? 

Match

Points off 2nd

Position

9th

21st

23rd

16th

15th

18th

18th

13th

10th

8th

7th

7th

5th

6th

5th

5th

5th

4th

4th

5th

5th

5th

6th

8th

Apologies for the format. I just went through the tables and put this together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1