17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Major wobble for Cardiff out of pretty much nowhere, three straight defeats.

Said it before but Preston are a very underrated team at this level, they can defend and nick goals. We played them when their first choice back 4 were injured.

Wouldn't shock me if they finish top 6.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 22:26, villa89 said:

I love the way the posts have changed from we're only X points off second to we're only X points off the playoffs 

Thats good, it will be x points of relegation on this form

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

2 back to back wins for Villa now and we could get right back in the mix! Come on Villa!!

Have you been watching through your fingers.....or with them closed?:D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I did always think Cardiff might lose momentum, it looks like that second place is still up for grabs. It’s a long old season and we could do it. 

The 6 teams in between us and 2nd place have a sabbatical for how long?

4 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Haha nothing mate. Just looked and Jan/Feb fixtures and 2 back to back wins will put us back in the mix. Not saying we will get them but it is what is needed now!

I will tell you what else is needed now too.. 

A change from Bruce Ball.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We could just quite make it if we get a decent manager in within the next few games...?

Can't see it happening. Bruce will be given until end of season.

its such a shame we have been so poor this month we could be so close to second had we beaten millwall and got something from a few away games.

the boro and Bristol games will kill all hope for second. Can't see us getting anything tomorrow and a point against Bristol which is complete and utter shit

that for me should be curtains for Bruce but I think he will be kept on and sacked in summer when we don't go up and he can't really argue it, he ha don't the tools to get us up.

Edited by Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

May I ask your opinion as to why you think this will be?

I'm beginning to think this aswell. 

The football has been shit since he has been here. Results haven't been great and we are currently in the midst of our second dramatic loss of form (last season between jan/feb being the other).

Bruce has shown no progress in 15 months and he's still here. I fear he still has tbe backing of the board. 

January will be a huge indicator to the boards thinking. Any transfer movement (in or out) over the next few weeks will surely mean we are stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't see it happening. Bruce will be given until end of season.

its such a shame we have been so poor this month we could be so close to second had we beaten millwall and got something from a few away games.

the boro and Bristol games will kill all hope for second. Can't see us getting anything tomorrow and a point against Bristol which is complete and utter shit

that for me should be curtains for Bruce but I think he will be kept on and sacked in summer when we don't go up and he can't really argue it, he ha don't the tools to get us up.

just take away the individual errors and we would be better off points wise.....doesn't excuse the **** football though.