17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Time will tell but I don’t think Bristol , sheff utd or Cardiff will finish in the top 6 . 

‘Wouldn’t write Fulham off yet either . 

I think that, as long as we are top 4 this time next month, we have done enough to say we will probably finish top 6.

Tonight is just the start of a horrible run of games and the League Cup will have an effect too. Game coming up in the next 3 weeks include you guys at VP, Watford away, Man City x2 and Derby away

We desperately need some players, none expected back for a month though and 2 playing tonight went off injured against Reading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

People who think 7 points isn't much are almost certainly heading for a huge disappoinment. It is. It requires 3 sides to pretty much lose 3 on the spin while we Win 3 on the Spin AND that we then match those 3 sides for the rest of the season.

None of which is likely.  Possible, of course, but not likely.

In my view this result changes nothing, before it we had a fair chance of a Play Off place, and after it we have a fair chance of a Play Off place.

Derby a perfect example to show how it can be done. Derby and wolves have not had anywhere near the injuries we have. Cardiff gave and look at them, Sheffield united are and look at them. Bristol city are only exception.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Derby a perfect example to show how it can be done. Derby and wolves have not had anywhere near the injuries we have. Cardiff gave and look at them, Sheffield united are and look at them. Bristol city are only exception.

Just pointing out the maths.

Its highly unlikely but hey, whatever.

We had more possession today (not that I give much weight to that but people seem to care when we don’t have more possession), we had 11 shots, 5 on target. So maybe with a poorer keeper against Bristol, and at home, we can beat them.