17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I am pretty certain we will be outside of the top 6 by the 1st of Jan. I've been saying it a while, since Terry got injured pretty much, but was hoping to be proved wrong. 

I'd just love them to show some resilience tonight and go there and prove all their doubters wrong, if only to give us some belief that they are better and more capable than what we think. I just cannot see us winning though. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I am pretty certain we will be outside of the top by the 1st of Jan. I've been saying it a while, since Terry got injured pretty much, but was hoping to be proved wrong. 

I'd just love them to show some resilience tonight and go there and prove all their doubters wrong, if only to give us some belief that they are better and more capable than what we think. I just cannot see us winning though. 

Thats a very rare commodity at B6, both on the pitch and in the stands.

"Belief"

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Thats a very rare commodity at B6, both on the pitch and in the stands.

"Belief"

And you'd think there would at least be some. This team is pretty much 100% different compared to two seasons ago, new owner, nrw staff and new coach. But the belief is still just as absent. It's so frickin demoralizing.

• Like 1

We are pathetic.

Teams like Cardiff are starting to struggle and drop points regularly and we are nowhere. This is the part of the season where we should be starting to peak.

I offer my sincere apologies to One for the Road when he dared to suggest a few weeks back we could miss out on the play offs and I dismissed that opinion. :ph34r:

4 points and 2 places better than this time last year when we beat Burton at home. That was the high point of last season- this is the low point (so far) of this season. Yes it can be recoverable but it does seem to be rapidly going in a downwards spiral with 2 very difficult matches coming up. At best it is going to be the play offs, that is optimistic at the moment.  I do think for the season to be saved we need to win 1 of the next 2 which looks a big ask at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Game was lost before kick off with the team selection and Bruce’s crazy comments that Brentford are a club who aim to avoid relegation to succeed every season - great motivation for them 

Very stupid and arrogant of bruce to say. The guy can be pompous at times

TBH with the dire football and constant negative ways that Bruce sets us up, being tactically inept with No Plan B.

I think its a miracle that we are still in touching distance of the play offs with players we have and the injuries they got.

If only we had a Gaffa that could see whats in front of him let alone whats ahead and round the corner. 

We have an atrocious manager and yet we are still only 3 points from the play-offs. I'm not sure if that says more about our squad or the championship itself.

We have no chance at all of going up under Bruce (imo), but making the right change now would put us right back into the mix. 

It all depends how long it takes Xia/Wyness/Round to grow a pair of balls and pull the trigger. 

I've now reached the point where I'm more angry with the board than Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you guys have written promotion this season could you let us win on New Years Day?

Would be much appreciated.

Course James.

Ill sort the fix, you may as well rest up your big players........