17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Personally I'm okay with top 6; it's a difficult league. However, I do agree that people are reconsidering their views of the management as results worsen, and that that isn't hypocrisy, it's changing your mind based on new evidence. Which is fair enough. 

Thats where I am.....yesterdays game made me angry and short fused.

29 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I thought were supposed to be the Man City of the championship

We have spent so much money in comparison to other sides performing way better than us for such little return

33 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I thought were supposed to be the Man City of the championship

We have spent so much money in comparison to other sides performing way better than us for such little return

Well, that was the misnomer of the year.

secondly, apart from the ****up on two strikers that come closely second too.

22 minutes ago, BigAl said:

With the way things are going unless we turn our form around quickly top 6 is best we can hope for .Im not Bruce's biggest fan and I think there is a lot better managers out there but we are decimated by injuries Kodjia gone long term Terry out with a long time and Jedinak only back after 6 months out ,on top of that Grealish was out long term Lansbury and Hogan have struggled with injuries since they have arrived I realise every team gets injuries but we have been really unlucky that it's been to our better players and majority of them have been months rather than weeks out ,If Derby or Wolves had the same injuries they wouldn't be where they are ,we still aren't in a bad position but we need reinforcements in Jan a striker is a must we just need to get through this xmas period without losing touch  .

Its a fair comment on injuries

• Key players
  • long term
  • quantity

put that in to the pot and it is no surprise.

However, the way we play does seem to attract injuries.....too slow to move the ball and plsyers off the ball static.We could be the architect of our own demise.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

Im not sure I could agree with you Terry broken bone ,grealish kidney ,Kodjia recurrence of broken ankle these are all bad luck more than anything .

Plus the fact that two of our current striker injuries - Kodjia and Hogan - happened while they were away on international duties.

It probably is pushing today’s anti-Bruce meme a bit too far to blame his style of play for that!

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Go back to basics , we have the players,  despite the injuries. Statistics , past performance's and a load of other factors prove our squad is one of, if not the best in the league. 

Proven championship and premier league players , no excuses for a lack of results .

Atm were in the game, top 6  , if we ain't top 6 in march them Mr Spud has to go and the people that selected him have to follow. 

3 points from 12 has knocked us back from a reasonably good top 6 position to one where we are battling to retain 6th place against Sheff U, Middlesbrough, Preston and Ipswich. 

Not good.

We need good results against Brentford and Boro or our season risks filtering away.

Those 15 minutes of shit defending against Sheff U could turn out to be very damaging to our prospects.

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

more like 15 months of shit management

How about a New Year’s resolution to confine pointless barbs about Steve Bruce to the Steve Bruce thread so those who want a sensible discussion about Villa just have to avoid that one?  

• Like 1

I think we will drop out of the top 6 today and then by a little further after New Years Day's game. I then think we will be hit and miss again for the rest of the season - beating those that we should beat and scraping draws and narrow defeats against the bigger teams. I then think we will come to the last 5 games of the season in or around the top 6 and then it will all come down to how we do in those last 5 games.

Cardiff at home

Leeds at home

Ipswich away

Derby at home

Millwall away

Assuming that Cardiff, Leeds and Derby will all be aiming for the same as us, who would trust that Bruce could get victories in those three games? Our home form has hardly been the best anyway and I just cannot see us winning one of those games, let alone all three.

I think it will end in another false dawn for us with us missing out in the play-offs by at least 3 points. 

Edited by villarocker

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Great, Now Boro have appointed Brucey's superior.

That's another side primed for the Playoffs.

At least the positive is we dont have to endure Pulisball when Bruce goes :)

• Like 1