Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Fantastic interview

He's got that edge, that determination to make it. Like Vardy has. He's not led a pampered young footballers lifestyle. He's worked for it and wants to progress. I hope so much he does well. 

• Like 3

He is rapid and clearly a clinical finisher with good movement. How do you defend against that? I liked in one of the interviews where he was talking about how his first instinct is always to move towards goal. As soon as we have possession he'll be off, looking for the quickest way into the box and that he will make those runs all day and all night. We have lacked that kind of instinct and drive for literally years. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is rapid and clearly a clinical finisher with good movement. How do you defend against that? I liked in one of the interviews where he was talking about how his first instinct is always to move towards goal. As soon as we have possession he'll be off, looking for the quickest way into the box and that he will make those runs all day and all night. We have lacked that kind of instinct and drive for literally years. 

Because we have signed the wrong players

now, we might be getting it right.

Edited by TRO

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sounds like another Dean Saunders

On 2/2/2017 at 17:15, theboyangel said:

Having listened to being interviewed on AVTV (by a very screechy female interviewer) he comes across as a very down to earth lad, who has made his way in the professional game the hard way without ever being at a professional academy.

I like him and hope he bangs a load in for us!

I'm very surprised you would call her 'a very screechy female interviewer', she doesn't sound screechy at all, and to be honest she asks good questions in these interviews. That interview, and the one with Hourihane as well, was very impressive. 

********************************************************************************************************************************

On the player, I was a bit 'meh' the other day, probably due to the abysmal game the other night and the fact I've never seen this guy before. But overall, a few things interest me about him:

• He has come a long way in his career, and continues to impress at each new level, yet he's still quite young.
  • He clearly (unlike Kodjia, who I rate, but this does my head in) understands the offside trap and plays it very well, and I honestly can't remember the last forward we had who didn't constantly wander offside. 
  • He talks a lot about Man Utd and the Premier League and the Champions League and all that. That's great, I like ambition. Maybe it's too much, maybe he fails, but fair play to him, at least he won't die wondering. 

Now, please don't be crap, and please don't be a mercenary, and please make everybody else play much better than they are currently. No pressure Scott. 

• Like 3

Â