Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I@m happy with 2 up front either.

Brentford aside, I'm pretty sure every other poor performance this season has been a 4-4-2.

We're just not suited to it. Now maybe the new midfield will be better suited to it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'd prefer a front 6 of

Adomah/Green-----Hogan-----Kodjia

--------------Hourihane---Lansbury

-----------------------Jedinak

Edit: I know Jedi is injured for Forest, I mean more long term.

I know Jedinak wins a lot in the air, but I don't think he's mobile enough to play as a lone striker!

Kodjia needs to work on passing - Hogan looks absolutely perfect as a playing partner.  Proper intelligent performance from him, just a shame he couldn't cap it off with a goal.  Love how direct he plays as well.

37 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Looks good, it's a shame he has to deal with Kodjia as a partner. Him and McCormack would be a tasty partnership dare I say it...

Well that is up there with Villa getting in Baros and letting Solano go, or getting Bent and letting Young go. It's almost as if we  have been spectacularly mismanaged for decades.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Hogan looks a great little player. An intelligent runner, pacey and direct. His solo run in the first 20 minutes was brilliant, and unfortunate not to score. 

He was badly let down by Kodjia, and will soon get pissed off with him. I just hope he keeps making the runs and keeps plugging away. RMC seemed to chuck the towel in with Kodjia and Ayew. 

The best bit of play came from a Kodjia flick, a sharp touch and low drive, which their keeper did well to keep out. 

I fancy him to notch his first goal next week. 

Â