Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I hope he can hold the ball up better than Kodjia.

The way wer'e playing at the moment we badly need it.

That doesn't seem to be his game at all. I'm mostly basing that on clips and stats.

Holding the ball is overrated anyway, our biggest issue is keeping the ball moving.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Just FYI that means you've just thrown a beer on the bbq.

Never waste beer mate, never! ;)

People that waste beer aren't mates, they're c**ts!

OT: Can't wait to see this lad tomorrow. (Actually today but that's just semantics)

9 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Just FYI that means you've just thrown a beer on the bbq.

Never waste beer mate, never! ;)

It was only meant as a joke ya flaamin gallah. 

Agee about wasting beer but if he was Australian he could just hop behind the bar and pour another!  

• Like 1

One thing's for sure, we'll have to totally change our style of play from Tuesday. Hoofing it to this guy is just not going to work (it doesn't work to Kodjia either, come to that). Whatever the plan would have been otherwise, if this guy plays it needs to be balls along the floor, smart passes from midfield looking for movement in the forward line. 

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That doesn't seem to be his game at all. I'm mostly basing that on clips and stats.

Holding the ball is overrated anyway, our biggest issue is keeping the ball moving.

I agree.

BUt the way we've been playing recently our lone striker has seen a lot of the ball hoofed up to him. And to be frank, Kodjia has many positives, but winning and holding onto those balls is not one of them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree.

BUt the way we've been playing recently our lone striker has seen a lot of the ball hoofed up to him. And to be frank, Kodjia has many positives, but winning and holding onto those balls is not one of them.

I'm certain we will play two up front. In any event I agree with that, it seems to have been a plan implemented with absolutely zero forethought as to whether we're capable of playing the way or not. 

We're not. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

One thing's for sure, we'll have to totally change our style of play from Tuesday. Hoofing it to this guy is just not going to work (it doesn't work to Kodjia either, come to that). Whatever the plan would have been otherwise, if this guy plays it needs to be balls along the floor, smart passes from midfield looking for movement in the forward line. 

I don't think it was an intended style of play......just desperation kicking in from losing control of the game..

Its rare any plan is implemented, when you are getting pummelled.

balls along the floor and smart passes are usually as a subsequence of gaining control, that's what we need to do first IMO......Settle in, then turn the screw.

Edited by TRO

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm certain we will play two up front. In any event I agree with that, it seems to have been a plan implemented with absolutely zero forethought as to whether we're capable of playing the way or not. 

We're not. 

I'm not sure I@m happy with 2 up front either.

Brentford aside, I'm pretty sure every other poor performance this season has been a 4-4-2.

We're just not suited to it. Now maybe the new midfield will be better suited to it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'd prefer a front 6 of

Adomah/Green-----Hogan-----Kodjia

--------------Hourihane---Lansbury

-----------------------Jedinak

Edit: I know Jedi is injured for Forest, I mean more long term.

Edited by Stevo985

Â