Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Kodjia, Hogan, Adomah

Hourihane, Lansbury

Jedi

Taylor, Chester, Baker, Bree

Jonhstone

This is what I expect to see on Saturday. Kodjia has been best for us when cutting in from the left.

• Like 4

Can easily see Bruce just going 4-4-2 now. He's a direct manager and that's how he got Hull promoted. We have a stronger midfield now so could easily see us dropping Jedinak and playing Hourihane and Lansbury. I may be wrong, but I think that might be his plan. It might start getting a bit more effective, but it will not ever be pretty I assure you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Why would this be a problem?

I personally want to see which formation works best for the team.

He'd be nuts not to try it!

I'd like to see £15m strikers played up front, otherwise we should have spent that money on a left winger. I also don't think that is Kodjia's best position, I'd like to see him have a partner up front. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd like to see £15m strikers played up front, otherwise we should have spent that money on a left winger. I also don't think that is Kodjia's best position, I'd like to see him have a partner up front. 

If left forward is his best position then I couldn't care how much we spent on him. He has all the right attributes to play that position too.

Edited by Nigel

Obviously that knee is my biggest worry with this lad.  I know nothing about him other than from looking at stats.  He clearly knows where the goal is, but he has missed a lot of football over his career.

SEASON  Apps - Gls
16/17 :  27  -  14
15/16 :   7  -   7
14/15 :   2  -   0
13/14 :  40  -  19
12/13 :  11  -   3
------------------
         87  -  43

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

Obviously that knee is my biggest worry with this lad.  I know nothing about him other than from looking at stats.  He clearly knows where the goal is, but he has missed a lot of football over his career.

SEASON  Apps - Gls
------------------
         87  -  43

That's a horrifyingly little amount of football.

Still not sure about this guy. Seems a hell of a lot of money for someone who has had one decent season at this level.

May as well of gone for Omar Bogle for a fraction of the cost.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Still not sure about this guy. Seems a hell of a lot of money for someone who has had one decent season at this level.

Step up from League 2 to Championship is a massive difference than from Championship to Championship, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We tend  to splash big money - ironic that teams above us have star players that are doing the business and cost then sod all , bannan , bent , Robinson .

Wednesday fans (at least the ones I follow on twitter) hate Bannan.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

SEASON  Apps - Gls
------------------
         87  -  43

Really pleased to have landed Hogan, due to the amount of interest in him, and all the hype about West Ham signing him. I hadn't realised he had played so little football though, and this is his first full season back from his knee injuries.

As you say, when he has played he certainly knows where the net is. I just hope the shirt doesn't weigh too heavy, and he is allowed to play his game which looks to have been so successful for him until now.

19 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Feel a bit better about the signing after watching him on You Tube!

Certainly looks like he knows where the net is and if we can get him the ball in the right areas he has the ability to score a lot of goals.

He looks very comfortable with both feet. He looks to have a bit of m everything in his game. 

4 hours ago, jim said:

We did the same with Kodjia. I think Hogan is the better player TBF.

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We did the same with Kodjia. I think Hogan is the better player TBF.

I wasn't/aren't entirely convinced about him either :P

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I like to see little partnerships to form understanding.....always thought one up front leaves too much to do.

• Centre Mids
  • Full backs & wingers
  • Centre Halves
  • Strikers

but thats me in the ideal world......football is not always ideal.

Oh I'll try and forget last night.;)

Edited by TRO

Â