Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Feel a bit better about the signing after watching him on You Tube!

Certainly looks like he knows where the net is and if we can get him the ball in the right areas he has the ability to score a lot of goals.

Good finisher and no coincidence that he consistently finds space in between the two centre backs. Excellent movement and positioning.....looks the most natural goal scorer we've had since DB (....but with much more to his overall game)

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

Good finisher and no coincidence that he consistently finds space in between the two centre backs. Excellent movement and positioning.....looks the most natural goal scorer we've had since DB (....but with much more to his overall game)

Finds Space?......we've signed a bloody Astronaut, not a striker.:)

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Looks like he needs the side to play actually football to score goals, so he'll probably be a flop :(

That's what I was thinking. Almost every goal was from a nifty little through ball. He had shit loads of space in almost every goal whether this is down to him or Brentford's tactics and creativity I don't know. Not a single goal created out of nothing so we can rule that out, suppose we have Kodija for that. 

A very telling video.

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 2

Looks like a Vardy type player. Worries me a little that teams will just continue to sit and counter us as they have been doing, nullifying his main attribute. That's me going off of about 10 minutes of youtube videos though so I could be very wrong.

Edited by abdomlahor

12 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

That's what I was thinking. Almost every goal was from a nifty little through ball. He had shit loads of space in almost every goal whether this is down to him or Brentford's tactics and creativity I don't know. Not a single goal created out of nothing so we can rule that out, suppose we have Kodija for that. 

A very telling video.

anyone who has watched that video for 30 seconds could tell you exactly how he/brentford score the majority of their goals. we have a whole team of people watching other teams/coming up with tactics etc and yet just stood there watching brentford continually tear us to pieces with the very same simple through balls

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

anyone who has watched that video for 30 seconds could tell you exactly how he/brentford score the majority of their goals. we have a whole team of people watching other teams/coming up with tactics etc and yet just stood there watching brentford continually tear us to pieces with the very same simple through balls

You must have watched the same game as me.:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Looks like a Vardy type player. Worries me a little that teams will just continue to sit and counter us as they have been doing, nullifying his main attribute. That's me going off of about 10 minutes of youtube videos though so I could be very wrong.

They're welcome to based on the Brentford game! If they sit, it'll allow us to impose our game more on them. If they push out and try to press like Brentford did, hopefully it'll open up more space for Kodjia/Hogan.

Having listened to being interviewed on AVTV (by a very screechy female interviewer) he comes across as a very down to earth lad, who has made his way in the professional game the hard way without ever being at a professional academy.

I like him and hope he bangs a load in for us!

• Like 2

His is the best interview of the lot on AVTV. Almost 20 minutes, when some struggle to do 7.

Has had an interesting career but comes across as humble and hungry to succeed. He says the usual things about big club blah blah, but I was impressed about how he spoke about the people and the club's that gave him chance.

Let's be honest, we're giving him a chance too, and I hope he takes it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No pressure Scott but we need you to score goals, win us games, get us promoted, save the Manager, and launch our assault on the Premier League.

Because we are pretty much all out of alternatives !

Welcome aboard.

You beat me to it.....you tinker:)

SSOS..........Scott save our Steve

Â