Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Seen a lot of him since he came back from injury and he is a fantastic player but I just can't see how his style of play works for us (especially after tonight's performance). He plays on the shoulder and needs balls played through for him to run in on. Don't know how our occasional hoofing will work for him but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Lansbury put a few good ones for Kodjia. 

However, i have given up as i think whoever we get turns to shit or gets injured.. or fat. 

Welcome to the club. Shite result this evening but we are a work in progress, that midfield haven't played a game together before tonight. The first to 10 mins showed what is possible . 

He's a goal machine and I'm chuffed to hell we've got him. 

Perspective and a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Welcome to the club. Shite result this evening but we are a work in progress, that midfield haven't played a game together before tonight. The first to 10 mins showed what is possible . 

He's a goal machine and I'm chuffed to hell we've got him. 

Perspective and a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss...

Very positive outlook, I like it!

I'm pretty deflated about the game last night, think the hype of all the "good" signings we were making and then that utter shambles on the pitch broke my spirit a bit. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting view of his goals.. even though they look easy.. he has some good movement. Now someone get one of Gabbys goals ;)

I dont remember the last time we had a player that can do this. 

I should be excited about this signing but after last nights pathetic display I don't even care anymore

wait a go villa for destroying our positivity. Always always ruin it for us fans and we have been so loyal despite the garbage we have seen over the years

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

There will be a change of formation next game almost certainly and can see two up top. Time to shine Scotty!

I'd like to see two up top but that would see a change in formation to 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. Nothing wrong with the old 4-4-2 imo. It worked for Leicester last season

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'd like to see two up top but that would see a change in formation to 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. Nothing wrong with the old 4-4-2 imo. It worked for Leicester last season

I think Bruce will be looking for 442 and hogan and kodija up front - jedinak sitting in front of the back 4 and hourihane and Lansbury supporting the attack when they can - would prefer grealish to adomah making up the 4 .

would also prefer bree and Taylor at full back .

This wouldn't be so bad if Jedi is fit, we need both Lansbury and Hourihane on the ball as much as pos and hope that Bree and Taylor have a good debut -

Kodjia, Hogan, Adomah

Hourihane, Lansbury

Jedi

Taylor, Chester, Baker, Bree

Jonhstone

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This wouldn't be so bad if Jedi is fit, we need both Lansbury and Hourihane on the ball as much as pos and hope that Bree and Taylor have a good debut -

Kodjia, Hogan, Adomah

Hourihane, Lansbury

Jedi

Taylor, Chester, Baker, Bree

Jonhstone

I would go -

Johnstone

bree     Chester      Baker    Taylor 

Jedinak 

lansbury    Hourihane    Grealish 

Hogan kodija 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Or Kodjia pushed left, which under Bruce I really wouldn't be at all surprised. 

Why would this be a problem?

I personally want to see which formation works best for the team.

He'd be nuts not to try it!

I think we should be using a midfield diamond.

Bree Chester Baker Amavi 

Jedinak

Lansbury Hourihane

Grealish 

Hogan Kodjia

Bit harsh on Adomah perhaps. The other option would be 352, playing Adomah at RWB with Grealish and Bree dropping out, but then you'd have to play Elphick as well.

9 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I think we should be using a midfield diamond.

Bree Chester Baker Amavi 

Jedinak

Lansbury Hourihane

Grealish 

Hogan Kodjia

Bit harsh on Adomah perhaps. The other option would be 352, playing Adomah at RWB with Grealish and Bree dropping out, but then you'd have to play Elphick as well.

Would prefer a goalkeeper in the team though ;)

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would prefer a goalkeeper in the team though ;)

Are we currently playing with a goalkeeper? :-) May as well stick some gloves on Bruce and stick him between the sticks, will be less goal for the opposition to hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Or Kodjia pushed left, which under Bruce I really wouldn't be at all surprised. 

I'm adamant that Kodjia's best position is from wide. So I'd be fine with this.

• Like 1

Â