Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

From the limited times I have seen him, he always seems to be caught on his heels and a little slow to react.

I guess it takes time to get used to the pace of the game in this country, and maybe he will improve with more game time under his belt? For me, It is a question of can we risk carrying him in the mean time. Probably not this month, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, sne said:

Think we should play him at LB next game so we can have 9 midfielders on the pitch.

Pretty sure 9 midfielders is the way to go.

When RDM forgot to buy a midfield SB decided to rectify the problem, but I think he’s over done it a bit. We just need a manager who knows the basic positions. 1, 9, 0 has never really worked. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good on him, you know your in heady days when Bjarnasson scores. Looked a different player after that. 

I remember when we signed him people talked about the huge amount of football he'd played with Iceland and club before that. 

Maybe he just needed a good long rest! 

Such a long season you really need your squad to chip in when they get a chance. Can't ask for more than that today. 

I had written him off a long time ago, but he's made a few appearances of late that show there might be a footballer in there. Some nice fancy touches here and there and a composed finish tonight. Good stuff.

Â