Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

6 hours ago, reykjavik said:

I think it is totally SB faults if BB leaves.  BB came from Ch. L team and why he was bought is beyond my understanding.  You do not buy this kind of player just to fill the squad.  Second BB has all chances to play at world cup.  If SB do not see the opportunity in that situation he is worse manager than I thought.

But it seems to be that my oppinion is in minority by the fans.

Well I can not see that we will get promoted.  Maybe SJ sees that too and is willing to go.  Maybe the reason is something else.  But I believe decision like that is some kind of aggrement.  SJ has something to say about it and maybe he do not believe in SB.

Yes I admit, this post belongs perhaps SB threads.

Mate, he’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen pull on the shirt. 

You cant blame Bruce for this guy being bollocks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Really..  who signed the guy?

Steve Bruce  and he deserves criticism for that. But not for BB’s ability and certainly not for getting rid of him if he does.

Who signed Jordan veretout?

Edited by Stevo985

I actually thought he was OK when playing more centrally in the first half. As soon as Lansbury came on he went more wide and last weeks goal excepted, looked everybit as clueless as he's looked whenever he's played for us. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If we get a nice 2-4m for him id take it. Has looked better lately though so might be worth keeping. Lets see how he does today

Rupees? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mate, he’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen pull on the shirt. 

You cant blame Bruce for this guy being bollocks. 

The bloke isn’t bollocks as his career shows as do his performances for Iceland. He’s being badly managed as since being here he has played everywhere. Today he started DM. Bruce bought him and has no idea how to play him. Oh and Veretout is doing really well in Italy now which I reckon Birkir will be come february. 

31 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The bloke isn’t bollocks as his career shows as do his performances for Iceland. He’s being badly managed as since being here he has played everywhere. Today he started DM. Bruce bought him and has no idea how to play him. Oh and Veretout is doing really well in Italy now which I reckon Birkir will be come february. 

He really is. He has no ability. It was plain to see in the Autumn, when Bruce was trying to play him in different positions. He's not a footballer any more than Bacuna is. He has played well for his country because in many small countries they play with all their heart and overachieve.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Heard he was terrible today. Id get rid of opportunity arose

@sidcow is right. In the first half, as a central midfielder, he was average rather than poor. It's when he was moved to the left wing that he became absolute garbage. 

However, he isn't good enough and it isn't working out here, so if we have the opportunity to sell we definitely should. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

@sidcow is right. In the first half, as a central midfielder, he was average rather than poor. It's when he was moved to the left wing that he became absolute garbage. 

However, he isn't good enough and it isn't working out here, so if we have the opportunity to sell we definitely should. 

So in bith positions he was crap? Yeah i agree sell him.

Sounds like he wants out anyway

I wouldn't blame Bruce too much. Bjarnason had a good CV, including good performances at a very high level for Iceland and good club level experience in Serie A and at Basel, where his goal scoring record (at Basel) being pretty good from midfield. On top of that, he cost virtually nothing by today's transfer market standards. I thought he'd be a good signing but turns out that he is indeed total garbage. Would be best to move him on this window if possible. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

He’s a better CDM option than Whelan - as limited as Whelan with the ball but a little more mobile.

He really, really, really, really, REALLY isn't a better CDM option that Whelan. 

Really. 

• Like 2

Â