Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Took his goal well, I still don’t think he’s great, but really pleased for him as he seems to try very hard. 

On the occasions he’s played before and made a mistake he seems gutted so pleased to see him get his goal.

Lovely goal, well taken and if you watch Hogan before he took the shot, Hogan more or less stopped looking interested for the square ball because he knew the shot was coming. 

There was a moment near the halfway line where he looked to have really slow, flat feet and the ball somewhat luckily fell for him, but I think his lack of technique and "silk" is made up for in effort and mobility to be in the right place, at the right time. 

It is not ideal for AV if he will leave.  But if his role is to sit on the bench he has no reason to stay.

He needs to be fit for world cup.  Seria A would be great for him.

I hope we will not loose Johnstone as well.  If we loose both of them SB can leave the club.  I cannot see SB will get us promoted.  But I really hope I will be wrong.

6 hours ago, reykjavik said:

It is not ideal for AV if he will leave.  But if his role is to sit on the bench he has no reason to stay.

He needs to be fit for world cup.  Seria A would be great for him.

I hope we will not loose Johnstone as well.  If we loose both of them SB can leave the club.  I cannot see SB will get us promoted.  But I really hope I will be wrong.

I don't think it is Bruce's fault if BB and SJ leave, and the rest of your article is something more suited to the Steve Bruce thread.  ;)

I think it is totally SB faults if BB leaves.  BB came from Ch. L team and why he was bought is beyond my understanding.  You do not buy this kind of player just to fill the squad.  Second BB has all chances to play at world cup.  If SB do not see the opportunity in that situation he is worse manager than I thought.

But it seems to be that my oppinion is in minority by the fans.

Well I can not see that we will get promoted.  Maybe SJ sees that too and is willing to go.  Maybe the reason is something else.  But I believe decision like that is some kind of aggrement.  SJ has something to say about it and maybe he do not believe in SB.

Yes I admit, this post belongs perhaps SB threads.

Always felt Thor should have been given an extended run in the DM role. Bags of energy and a willingness to give 100%.

Unless someone is prepared to pay the club a decent profit Villa should keep him until the summer just in case of injuries.

21 minutes ago, striker said:

Always felt Thor should have been given an extended run in the DM role. Bags of energy and a willingness to give 100%.

Unless someone is prepared to pay the club a decent profit Villa should keep him until the summer just in case of injuries.

He is an  attacking midfielder, as far as I know he has never played Dm (maybe as a sub for us). Why would we play him there? Just because he has energy doesn't mean he suits the role. I don't get fans trying to change players positions all the time (this isn't aimed solely at you).

• Like 1

Â