Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If you play him in his correct position he will do a job for Villa. He is not a winger or a full back. The criticism he is getting is ridiculous for a championship squad player. 

What is he then? Surely he's not an attacking midfielder with that technique?

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If you play him in his correct position he will do a job for Villa. He is not a winger or a full back. The criticism he is getting is ridiculous for a championship squad player. 

What is his correct position out of interest? (Not sarcasm I genuinely am interested).

• 3 weeks later...

I think, when a player has been here six months and his only decent performance was against a League One side, you have to conclude that that's his level. It probably shows how much the Championship has developed to be fair (more than I realised before we joined); he'd probably have been a good player in this division a decade ago, but in a world of Neves's and Hernandez's and Sessegnon's he's just a shit plodder who can't pick out a pass. 

I have fewer gripes with Bruce than most on here, but his persistence in trying to make this happen when it just obviously isn't going to is really irritating. Adomah would've been a better option. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Isn't the bravest. Should've buried that header on half time.

Whilst I think he is total shit... I do think the keeper got a slight touch on that ball before it reached Bjarnasson which made the header much more difficult.

I thought the defender touched it.

It's difficult at the moment - our first and second choice players out left are both injured - leaving us with a choice between Bjarnason, Gabby and someone out of position. In fairness, Adomah made a pretty good claim on it tonight.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought the defender touched it.

It's difficult at the moment - our first and second choice players out left are both injured - leaving us with a choice between Bjarnason, Gabby and someone out of position. In fairness, Adomah made a pretty good claim on it tonight.

I'd rather play Johnstone there than this guy.

Thought Holman was bad.. hes a poor mans Holman.. at least Holman was bad in the Premier League.... struggle in the Championship? poor player imo. No speed or skill. Just runs. He gets into the box but cant finish. 

Â