Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, striker said:

Thought his performances for Iceland were very good and at 1m he would be a very good cost effective signing but currently not seeing the same player here which has been a disappointment so far.

Just think what you could do with a million quid?

It's a shame as he seems to try hard and be disappointed when things don't work out... he just seem to have the technical ability. I like him and he seems like he has a good attitude, but I doubt he'll suddenly become a great player after what I have seen. Only saw highlights of last night though tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It's a shame as he seems to try hard and be disappointed when things don't work out... he just seem to have the technical ability. I like him and he seems like he has a good attitude, but I doubt he'll suddenly become a great player after what I have seen. Only saw highlights of last night though tbf.

Yeah, this.  I can't dislike him as he seems to try a lot and shows disappointment...

...but he's just not done anything for us at all.  Where is his best position?  I don't really get it.  He's backup now, surely.

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, this.  I can't dislike him as he seems to try a lot and shows disappointment...

...but he's just not done anything for us at all.  Where is his best position?  I don't really get it.  He's backup now, surely.

Did he play in central midfield for FC Basel, I really don't get where he's meant to play either? Realistically he isn't going to displace Whelan, or Hourihane, or Lansbury so I guess he'll just get stuck out on the left every now and again. 

Awful signing. Totally ineffective last night against a championship reserve team. Most of the time Hutton was doing his job for him. 

It was his big chance to shine but did absolutely nothing to impress same as whenever he has come on for the first team. 

Some scout needs shooting. 

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and hope he proves me wrong but right now he looks like one of the worst signings in many a year. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

right now he looks like one of the worst signings in many a year. 

Image result for mccormack

Image result for scott hogan

£20million+ of striking talent there. 

I'll take a £1m punt that doesn't work out over the fortune we've pissed up the wall on other members of this squad.

Edited by Davkaus

• 2 weeks later...

Has looked very good for Iceland very often, but looks useless for us, where do they play him again? More centrally? He has looked awful at left back and left mid here. I think it's fair to say that a lot of those Iceland players go up a level whenever they put the shirt on.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I find it amazing how so many fans seem to be a convinced a player is crap based on their appearances with Villa regardless of what they do for other clubs or teams. 

Yes he had been s**t for us. Does that have to mean he is a s**t player and can never come good?

edit: amazing how a player can perform when there's no pressure.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it amazing how so many fans seem to be a convinced a player is crap based on their appearances with Villa regardless of what they do for other clubs or teams. 

Yes he had been s**t for us. Does that have to mean he is a s**t player and can never come good?

I agree, and was thinking about this before.

Maybe Villa needs to change their laundry powder, because so often players turn to shit as soon as they put the shirt on.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you can't perform under pressure you have no business being a professional footballer. 

Championship is still a higher level than most international qualifiers as we see with England walking through qualification groups getting everyone exited until they come up against any quarter decent international team then get shown up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair mate how else can we judge him? Whatever he has done prev

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does playing well for Iceland help us? His performances in a villa shirt have been abysmal. 

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

just scored in Turkey. fine finish as well after following the ball into the box

He's definitely an enigma. How can an international  (with more than a hundred people...mr bacuna) be so poor at this level? 

It stands to reason that he has far more in his locker than he is showing.

Â