Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Picture the scene; Hutton is playing LB. He is being shown down the line everytime, he has no pass on onfield and he dare not check back again. His only option is to play it down the line to Bjarnason just ahead 

If you are Bjarnason do you :

A. More sharpish, showing for the ball to feet

B. Spin off and run down the line providing an outlet of sorts.

C. Turn your back and take a slow stroll into the penalty box.

I like to overreact and say this player is abysmal and whatever but I'm 100% serious when I say he's one of the worst players I've seen. I really don't think he's good at anything. We started with 10 men tonight and ended with 9, he's that useless.

On 16/09/2017 at 20:13, Stevo985 said:

I keep saying this, but Bruce isn't responsible for transfers. He undoubtedlyhas a say in them, but I very much doubt Bjarnasson was a player he personally wanted. He would have been a recommendation from a scout or a team.

Not removing any blame for the signing from Bruce. He'd still have the power to say no.

Bruce loves signing utility players though. Utility player is a bit like a Jack of all trades. 

Thor can play many positions, true, just none of them very well!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Championship a bigger step up than Champions League

Played five, won 0.

Serie A

For two seasons. The first, for the team that finished bottom of the league, and for the second he made 8 starts for a team that finished lower mid table. And he got subbed off in 4 of them!

Euro 2016

Fair enough. He's had at least 4 or 5 good games in his career then. :) 

• Like 1

Thought his performances for Iceland were very good and at 1m he would be a very good cost effective signing but currently not seeing the same player here which has been a disappointment so far.

Â