Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Will they afford to pay PL wages thou?

Because a lot of our players are on PL level wages even thou they are playing in the Championship.

Think we'll find once again we'll have trouble offloading the players we no longer need.

Happily have those troubles thou as long as we actually manage to get promoted.

Relegated clubs might have the resources, but its impossible to sya right now. Hogan could have an unbelievable season or hourihane we dont know yet. Even some prem clubs are signing championship players. Newcastle 12m for Norwichs Murphy

• Like 1

Not done anything in the first half v Walsall to alleviate my worries about him. A number of weak/wayward headers and shots and plenty of giving the ball away. 

I like him. He's easily a squad player. The fact he got into that many shooting positions is definitely a positive. Although he could become a victim of his versatility. What position was he even playing tonight?

Yeah, he gets into some cracking positions but quite poor in the ball. He could have had 2/3 last night with some half decent finishing. Simple passes failing to find our men (many guilty of this last night). Can't fault his effort and he obviously has a brain on him to keep finding space in the box. 

His positional play and anticipation impressed me last night. His touch, shooting and passing will improve with games, but you could see there is a player in there.

You don't get to be a champions league and international player without being significantly better than the one we have seen briefly here!

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 09:54, Nigel said:

His positional play and anticipation impressed me last night. His touch, shooting and passing will improve with games, but you could see there is a player in there.

You don't get to be a champions league and international player without being significantly better than the one we have seen briefly here!

I'm still undecided on him - he has good movement and gets chances but his finishing has been woeful since he arrived , hopefully once he bangs one in  aye the goals will come for him - certainly too early to write him off .

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sne said:

So was that his first ever career game as LB?

Either way don't think he is an viable option for us there.

He works hard, he's comfortable passing it round... but he is absolutely not a left back. 

I imagine this may have been some sort of test to see what backup we have for Taylor when Amavi goes. Basically, not Thor please. Play him higher up. 

• Like 1

Â