Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

I'm not going to get on his back as he's just recovered from a nasty injury and hasn't kicked a ball in anger in months. 

I believe he will improve, he needs to to be fair but he has the right work ethic to do so too. 

• Like 2

I remember Jordan Ayew looking like a non footballer when he first signed. He came good a bit, well at least he improved to the point of looking like a footballer. 

He'll get a bit more time from me. Although his performances since he signed have been a concern. 

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Looks every bit an ok central midfielder playing way out his comfort zone on the left.

Totally agree.

noticed yesterday he tended to drift inside a lot, leaving the full back either exposed or without an option to over lap.

think he'd be better as part of a midfield three.

Still not ready to write him off, especially after the little playing time he's had due to injury.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I remember Jordan Ayew looking like a non footballer when he first signed. He came good a bit, well at least he improved to the point of looking like a footballer. 

He'll get a bit more time from me. Although his performances since he signed have been a concern. 

Which performances have concerned you?

The games at lb, dm, cm, am or lw?

My point being that its hard to put in a good performance when week to week you dont know what position youll be playing in.

I seem to remember him playing in 3 position in one game last season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I'm not going to get on his back as he's just recovered from a nasty injury and hasn't kicked a ball in anger in months. 

I believe he will improve, he needs to to be fair but he has the right work ethic to do so too. 

Agree, he gets a free pass from me atm.

If he's still shit in October then i'll start my witch hunt

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The super competitive Swiss league albeit FC Basel

the super competitive Basel who have knocked Liverpool, United out of Champions League and did double over Chelsea but dont let that get in the way of your dig ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

the super competitive Basel who have knocked Liverpool, United out of Champions League and did double over Chelsea but dont let that get in the way of your dig ;)

My point was the Swiss league is crap bar Basel or was that not obvious?

On 7/16/2017 at 10:02, TrentVilla said:

Just bang average.

The problem with players like this is that you sign them to fill out a championship squad but then it's impossible to get rid of them because they are so average. If we do get promoted this season there will have to be another clear out next summer.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The problem with players like this is that you sign them to fill out a championship squad but then it's impossible to get rid of them because they are so average. If we do get promoted this season there will have to be another clear out next summer.

That was always the plan though!

41 minutes ago, striker said:

Still think he would be better used as a DM in the Jedinak role which would negate the need to sign Whelan from Stoke.

I think he would be better in the middle arriving into the box...but then in lies the problem since he has come here. One thing is for sure, he is not a left winger.

51 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If we get promoted next season then championship sides we want our players as they have demonstrated they are good enough to go up 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we get promoted next season then championship sides we want our players as they have demonstrated they are good enough to go up 

Great point. Couldn't agree more. Be nice to have a few good enough to stay though! I quite like Bjarnason, just feel like some others he has been played all over the park and obviously with the injury, had no time to settle in the team. If we do move to 3-5-2, he is very useful as a left sided of the 3 in the middle and can go to left win back if we are loosing and need to throw on a more attacking player. 

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Will they afford to pay PL wages thou?

Because a lot of our players are on PL level wages even thou they are playing in the Championship.

Think we'll find once again we'll have trouble offloading the players we no longer need.

Happily have those troubles thou as long as we actually manage to get promoted.

Yeah, a good problem to have as it means we have gone up, a long way away currently, but I would hazard that the relegated teams this season, if still in the league, and whoever comes down, will be able to afford it. Just as we can. Probably why Sunderland are being linked with so many of our players. Hope at least one of them is for real. 

Â