Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

He needs needs games, its completely unfair to criticise him at this point!

There has to be a player in there somewhere and i have a feeling we will need him at time this season!

Hopefully he can get the 90 against Wigan and he can show enough to get bench time against Bristol.

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He needs needs games, its completely unfair to criticise him at this point!

There has to be a player in there somewhere and i have a feeling we will need him at time this season!

Hopefully he can get the 90 against Wigan and he can show enough to get bench time against Bristol.

I think to a certain extent he has had poor luck, getting injured after only 5/6 weeks just as he was settling in and showing glimpses,  and now coming back to a side which has better alternatives than him meaning he's likely to always end up filling a hole as and when injuries are needed - i.e. playing left back v colchester. If he plays tomorrow, I hope he plays in his best position in midfield, but regardless, at what 29, and for about£1ml I think he was always just brought in to add a bit of back depth, nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

No it's not, as he's been dogshit every time he's played for us so far.

How many games is that now?  ...4..5?

You think thats a fair enough time to give someone?

I do despair of modern football!

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

How many games is that now?  ...4..5?

You think thats a fair enough time to give someone?

I do despair of modern football!

Doesn't matter how many games. The statement can still be true. He has been utter rubbish every time. 

He's not saying he'll never be good. He's saying he's been crap. Nothing wrong with that. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Doesn't matter how many games. The statement can still be true. He has been utter rubbish every time. 

He's not saying he'll never be good. He's saying he's been crap. Nothing wrong with that. 

he said that it was not too early to judge someone after 5 games?

How is there nothing wrong with that....its ridiculous!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

he said that it was not too early to judge someone after 5 games?

How is there nothing wrong with that....its ridiculous!

I think it's fair to give an opinion. You could tell after his debut that he way way off the pace of the championship. Since then nothing has really changed. I think we've seen enough to know he struggles

He's played 8 games for us.

Not long enough to come to a final conclusion about him.

But I concur that he's been rubbish in every game so far.

I'd love him to come good, but I don't see it. He's shown nothing so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Said it before; i wonder if one of the reasons he was bought was due to the Iceland bounce factor of this time last year....?

Possibly.

But he was a versatile midfielder playing for a relatively high profile European club available for relatively cheap.

I can see why we signed him. I just think he's crap.

He played left of a four man midfield. 

Scrappy first half hour with some strange decision making, hen got an assist. Thought he was better after that, and finally got his goal. 

Hes not perfect, but there's at least a handy utility player in there, and he doesn't stop running. Occasionally was in the right place to bail out Clark at Lab, but just as often to be found in the box looking to get on the end of things. Let's not write him off. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hearing he was very poor tonight. 

Not sure where you heard that from, had a few sloppy touches but I was impressed especially in the first half he looked threatening every time he got the ball. 

Â