Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Season just about over then.

Chance for Amavi to make left midfield his own then for the rest of the season?

Probably the only option left at present - hogan may be back in 10 days time so will see how Bruce jiggles things.

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Probably the only option left at present - hogan may be back in 10 days time so will see how Bruce jiggles things.

I honestly feel that Villa should keep the same shape now even if Hogan is fit again in two weeks. Keep Kodjia up front on his own or starting Hogan if Kodjia needs resting.

15 minutes ago, striker said:

I honestly feel that Villa should keep the same shape now even if Hogan is fit again in two weeks. Keep Kodjia up front on his own or starting Hogan if Kodjia needs resting.

Not for me - I would play hogan and let kodija cut in from wide.

bjarnason is a big loss as he is very versatile.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

True, was harsh. I think his attitude is appalling though IMO - actions speak far louder than words and his performances have stunk of entitlement and self-interest. 

Fair enough. I disagree somewhat on the attitude thing and he's not had a chance to prove otherwise this season. I honestly think his legs had gone though, to be honest. He could burst forward and then not get back. 

I agree he's not good enough though. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

6-8 weeks. Could have been worse. 

Not a horrible result. We're not going up, we're not going down. Put him in cotton wool for the rest of the season and make sure he is ready to go in pre-season.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bose said:

I know I am biased but I still think he can be a player for us. I thought he was showing a bit more in his last two games before the injury and hopefully he'll get a chance again when he comes back. Some players need time to settle and show what they can do, hopefully that's the case with him.

I think we should at least give him a few more games before we completely write him off. Better players than Birkir Bjarnason have needed a bit of time to show their ability when they move from another country into the high tempo of English football.

From just my own selfish point of view I hope he gets better and becomes a player for us because then Villa games will be shown on TV here in Iceland!

He was played in about 4 different positions in as many games, in a "team" that was a total car crash at the time.

Judging him on those games alone is impossible.

Think he will be useful asset, but he might have trouble holding down a regular starting spot in the same position thou.

It's far too early to judge surely.

From the little I've seen I think the pace of the game here has shocked him a little as it does many foreign players.

I saw a few Basle games last season and the tempo is far different. He's playing for the top team by a mile there and teams just stand off them and defend, similar to Celtic in the SPL.

Here it's a little different.

• Like 1

he came at an awkward time when we in a shit run of form and was hard to judge, good thing I saw with him was his willingness to join the attack from deep and get in good scoring positions which we lacked at that time

16 hours ago, sne said:

He was played in about 4 different positions in as many games, in a "team" that was a total car crash at the time.

Judging him on those games alone is impossible.

Think he will be useful asset, but he might have trouble holding down a regular starting spot in the same position thou.

He's in goal for the Norwich game.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 15:06, Lerner's Driver said:

With respect to you and your lists...

What is it with your relentless, absolute certainty about EVERYTHING? As with most of your observations, we are all seeing the same stuff and yes it's frustrating, disappointing, etc etc. But, we don't all then arrive at the simplest possible conclusion that the thing we've focused our attention on is clearly 'shit' with only double negative plus points in its favour.

He clearly isn't shit, he just hasn't shown what he's capable of for Aston Villa - something a lot of our players have suffered from in recent weeks, but are now slowly beginning to turn around. There's a subtle difference.

Have you considered for a moment the possibility that this player and a few of the other new recruits, might just be nervous or struggling with the pressure? Is that okay do you think, or does it pure and simply make them tallentless gutless pansies who only deserve abuse rather than encouragement?

You're not alone - plenty think its a good idea to hurl abuse, but personally I think it is pathetic and counter productive. 

Basically its having an opinion and stating reason for having that opinion as I see it.

Its a forum for every one who wishes to air their views. The pathetic consequence is when others who disagree either belittle the opinion or mass together to appear of a more acceptable or higher opinion.

I come on here to air my view and admittingly get rid of a bit of frustration at AVFC, players, manager and whatever else. Anyone, I welcome a debate, reason away at your hearts content, if things change, so do opinions, hey even have a mild dig, a joke, sarcasm or whatever

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or just, I dunno, agree with one another? 

Now you know thats never gonna happen

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Massive bug bear of mine, when people cry 'bullying' if their opinion is in the minority. 

having a different opinion

being in a majority or minority on any theme

Is ok by me

being belittled or labelled pathetic isnt being "bullied" its simply wrong

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 11:17, VillaChris said:

It's far too early to judge surely.

From the little I've seen I think the pace of the game here has shocked him a little as it does many foreign players.

I saw a few Basle games last season and the tempo is far different. He's playing for the top team by a mile there and teams just stand off them and defend, similar to Celtic in the SPL.

Here it's a little different.

You make an interesting point, even in a general sense.

appraising players when the opposition stand off as opposed to them being squeezed and closed down......is a whole different ball game.

players who can work in close quarters are highly valuable.

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Basically its having an opinion and stating reason for having that opinion as I see it.

Its a forum for every one who wishes to air their views. The pathetic consequence is when others who disagree either belittle the opinion or mass together to appear of a more acceptable or higher opinion.

I come on here to air my view and admittingly get rid of a bit of frustration at AVFC, players, manager and whatever else. Anyone, I welcome a debate, reason away at your hearts content, if things change, so do opinions, hey even have a mild dig, a joke, sarcasm or whatever

The art of debate is being certain about what your saying until someone else comes up with a stronger argument......or  an argument that makes you reconsider your original stance......nothing wrong with changing our opinion on the contrary it highlights the persons strength of reason.

Intransigence for the sake of it, is a weakness IMO

our opinions are gleaned from all sorts of sources, so are not set in tablets of stone.

you are right, circumstances change and our opinions change too.

I much prefer folk who comment from the heart, no matter how absurd that comment maybe be rather than follow the populist, like a lemming......Albeit there is no point either in being controversial for the sake of it......so it is a balance.

just remember......we all learn off each other.

I enjoy your posts even though I have a difference of opinion on Stevie baby

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 11:18, Eastie said:

Not for me - I would play hogan and let kodija cut in from wide.

bjarnason is a big loss as he is very versatile.

I agree

They have to learn to play alongside each other, if we are to "tear it up" next season.

Kodjia is a bit of a "Lone Wolf" but changing his game, could be detrimental.

They will work it out......but only games will do that.

Â