Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

yeah, I can sympathise with his situation, injured just as he was settling in, in the first few weeks, we've since bought better players in, he'll struggle for game time, and he's going to be made to look worse by probably plugging spare slots as back up. 

I know I am in the minority here, but I didn't think he played that bad at LB. Not great, don't get me wrong, but I don't really remember him getting beaten, losing possession or doing anything that bad? No one really stood out for me in those conditions other than O'Hare and Steer obviously.  Onomah was promising,  Chester was solid, Hourihane set pieces decent, the rest ok. So considering he is back from injury, played out of position, in a make shift team and playing away in those conditions, this seems all a little harsh to me. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

being criticised because he was played completely out of position. I bet he has probably never played left back ever in his career

I think he might have played left back for us at some point last season, for some reason I remember him playing there before when we had injuries. I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's nowhere near good enough. He puts a lot of effort in though so it's hard to dislike him.

I agree. I don't dislike him at all, I just feel he isn't quite good enough. I'd love him to do well but I don't have high hopes. He reminds me of the lad you'd play football with at school, who was never good enough to make the team but would run around like mad trying to impress at training :-)

Wow, what a strange player.  I spent the entire game basically going through:

"Oh hey, nice strength holding that up Thor... oh, you've slipped on the ball"
"Nice run there Thor... oh, you've missed the ball"
"Great dummy down the line there Thor... oh, there's no-one there"
"Lovely tackle tracking back there Thor... oh, you've passed it to their midfielder"

He does some things really well, but everything else terribly.

Cult hero potential, though.

• Like 2

Â