Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

On 4/1/2017 at 13:09, Grasshopper said:

being belittled or labelled pathetic isnt being "bullied" its simply wrong

I didn't label you (the person) as pathetic, the comment was something directly attributed to your actions when, you chose to hurl abuse at Bjarnason by calling him shit. If thereafter, you choose to extrapolate a connection between your actions, my comment on them and some wider opinion of you, then that is entirely up to you.

Seeing as you say you are fond of reasoned debate (and not mere abuse?), then how do you reasonably argue that Bjarnason is shit and calling him shit is a constructive, balanced analysis of his attributes? Answer? You can't defend it because it wasn't reasoned and it certainly contributes little of value to intelligent discussion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

7 wins and 1 loss since he was relegated to late sub appearances then injured. Coincidence? I think not

There have been a few of these posts. Someone said the same thing about Hogan. I think it's a bit of a convenient link as there are other factors, not least Jedinak returning and Kodjia getting going again after the African Cup of Nations. I'm not sure what difference Bjarnason was making to our leaky defence to justify taking all the blame.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

There have been a few of these posts. Someone said the same thing about Hogan. I think it's a bit of a convenient link as there are other factors, not least Jedinak returning and Kodjia getting going again after the African Cup of Nations. I'm not sure what difference Bjarnason was making to our leaky defence to justify taking all the blame.

Giving the ball away with shoddy passing 

21 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

7 wins and 1 loss since he was relegated to late sub appearances then injured. Coincidence? I think not

just like we stopped playing Gabby, Elphick, Grealish, McCormack, Tishbola, Ayew, Gestede at same time

but yeah all down to Bjarnason :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/25/2017 at 11:17, VillaChris said:

It's far too early to judge surely.

From the little I've seen I think the pace of the game here has shocked him a little as it does many foreign players.

I saw a few Basle games last season and the tempo is far different. He's playing for the top team by a mile there and teams just stand off them and defend, similar to Celtic in the SPL.

Here it's a little different.

I think you make an excellent observation there Chris......and it is very much a danger when we sign players.

its different world between getting closed down every week and coping.....to having the freedom of the park.

The goal he took on the clip, he was left free.....while they were ball watching.

good point mate.

Edited by TRO

Â