Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, striker said:

Like what i've seen so far of Bjarnason. Busy little player. Every side needs at least one of those especially in this league. Still think he would be better used in the DM role when Jedinak is unavailable. Was just showing signs of settling too so it's a pity that he is now injured. 

With his goal scoring record the last place he should play is DM IMO. 

I think im the only person who doesnt like this bloke.  He looks clumsy. IMO when it comes to attacking and defending ide rather put Bacuna in. I know 99% will disagree and think im simple but i haven't seen any signs from him yet that he will grow into a midfielder wede struggle ti replace. Hourihane on the other hand looks like a future captain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rda91avfc said:

I think im the only person who doesnt like this bloke.  He looks clumsy. IMO when it comes to attacking and defending ide rather put Bacuna in. I know 99% will disagree and think im simple but i haven't seen any signs from him yet that he will grow into a midfielder wede struggle ti replace. Hourihane on the other hand looks like a future captain.

i disagree and think you're simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rda91avfc said:

How about giving him a bit more time? You could have been describing Hourihane up until a week ago. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If it's his ACL, that's another signing we need to make in the summer then. 

Gutted for him. 

The guy who had access to medicals regarding transfer news has said it's a really bad one and I suspect you are right Dave - looks like he will be out several months.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 players that play completely different roles

Pick a name from our youth in his position. Id pick them over him. He doesnt offer much. Runs around alot. 

Besides.. what even is his best position?

Edited by KSV

8 minutes ago, KSV said:

Pick a name from our youth in his position. Id pick them over him. He doesnt offer much. Runs around alot. 

in a high tempo league with a less than mobile midfield the last thing we need is a player with high energy that runs around a lot and will chip in with goals :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

6-8 weeks. Could have been worse. 

Not as bad as I feared then - I was expecting it to be months after that tweet last night - although as the season ends in early may I guess his season is over.

45 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Good, last thing we need is another career threatening injury to a player. Unless it's something that makes Richards retire. 

Shame really, he was beginning to get into good scoring positions and could have had 2 or 3 already but for a little more luck. 

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Season just about over then.

Chance for Amavi to make left midfield his own then for the rest of the season?

Â