Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Don’t rate him, never have and don’t think I ever will. 

Has he shagged your missus Trent? 👀😉 

On a serious note I have noticed that you are clearly not a fan of him, which is fair enough, I agree his Villa performances haven't been great and I know you wasn't a fan when he was at Forest so you've probably seen him a lot more than me.

I thought he was ok last night and his pass for the first goal was sublime - I think he has more talent than you give him credit for to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Has he shagged your missus Trent? 👀😉 

On a serious note I have noticed that you are clearly not a fan of him, which is fair enough, I agree his Villa performances haven't been great and I know you wasn't a fan when he was at Forest so you've probably seen him a lot more than me.

I thought he was ok last night and his pass for the first goal was sublime - I think he has more talent than you give him credit for to be honest.

I wrote a fairly long post earlier in this thread giving my thoughts on Lansbury, having watching him a lot at Forest as well as during his time here. Yes it was a great pass, doesn’t alter my view on him.

I thought his passing was sublime yesterday, one wayward pass out to a throw in in the first half from what I remember, but otherwise I think his passing was a joy to watch. Him and Luiz can control a midfield well with their passing ability. He assisted both goals didn't he? The second one I'm not sure if he intended to hit it low. But the first one was class, loved the replay from behind the goal where you can see how he looks one way - out towards the right as if he was about to pass there - but then slides the ball between the legs of the defender in front of him and for El Ghazi to score a easy goal. Not many players can make those passes and it can win us games. Thats what I love about him.

His lack of pace and defensive work only when it suits him hampers him and I don't think we can rely on him in the long run playing full games. But in games like this I think he is great to have around. Would like to see him get more game time in the Premier League as well when he gets up to full fitness.

When it comes to passing, keeping possession and creating chances I think he is better than Hourihane. Hourihane though has that knack of popping up and scoring goals and a higher work rate so he should probably be ahead in the pecking order. 

43 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought his passing was sublime yesterday, one wayward pass out to a throw in in the first half from what I remember, but otherwise I think his passing was a joy to watch. Him and Luiz can control a midfield well with their passing ability. He assisted both goals didn't he? The second one I'm not sure if he intended to hit it low. But the first one was class, loved the replay from behind the goal where you can see how he looks one way - out towards the right as if he was about to pass there - but then slides the ball between the legs of the defender in front of him and for El Ghazi to score a easy goal. Not many players can make those passes and it can win us games. Thats what I love about him.

His lack of pace and defensive work only when it suits him hampers him and I don't think we can rely on him in the long run playing full games. But in games like this I think he is great to have around. Would like to see him get more game time in the Premier League as well when he gets up to full fitness.

When it comes to passing, keeping possession and creating chances I think he is better than Hourihane. Hourihane though has that knack of popping up and scoring goals and a higher work rate so he should probably be ahead in the pecking order. 

He used to have that knack for popping up with goals at Forest. I used to think he was a box to box player who ghosted into the box for goals, with little quality on the ball. I can't believe how good he his on the ball. Twice the passer Hourihane is.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He used to have that knack for popping up with goals at Forest. I used to think he was a box to box player who ghosted into the box for goals, with little quality on the ball. I can't believe how good he his on the ball. Twice the passer Hourihane is.

He's the Richard Gasquet of football ( for any tennis aficionados ) can do great things with the ball but he's physically miles off what an elite athlete is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I usually defend him / rate him, but he did very little against Wolves, no idea why, but he just didn't even seem to be trying.

Apart from the two assists ?🙂

Hes another who has been so fragile it’s hard to judge too much because we can’t tell how match fit he is.

Fwiw I thought he actually grew into the game and was very good second half. I see Westwood ( for example) making a career in the Premier League and don’t see a huge difference - except Lansbury clearly has a better forward pass in him and more of an eye for goal.

Im unconvinced, particularly because of his lack of athleticism, but Deano sees something, and I can see enough to think he’s capable of contributing ( as indeed he did when he scored at Palace).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I usually defend him / rate him, but he did very little against Wolves, no idea why, but he just didn't even seem to be trying.

Did you even watch the game?

Craziest summary I think I’ve ever read, two assists and easily the best player on the ball.

He would have got my MoTM vote had he run a little harder and tracked back a bit more but then I think we’re realising he’s not that kind of player (any more at least).

Opinions eh, who’d have em!

• Like 1

Been injury ravaged for 2 years - I will forgive him for not going full Kante against a Wolves U8s side.

Did what he had to do on the ball and didn't need to do much else. I could have played alongside him I reckon and not work up a sweat against that lot.

• Like 1

Does well against under strength teams and lower league opposition in the cups (always seems to be fit for these games) and then disappears for league games. Unfortunately I think there's two Lansury's the fantasy version in people's heads, and the real Lansbury that doesn't quite match up to that ideal.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Does well against under strength teams and lower league opposition in the cups (always seems to be fit for these games) and then disappears for league games. Unfortunately I think there's two Lansury's the fantasy version in people's heads, and the real Lansbury that doesn't quite match up to that ideal.

Should of had a goal against Palace.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fair one.......however........the alternative is no one says anything and in 20 years time we all speak some f'd up weird language more akin to shorthand than English.

Relaterad bild

Â