Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I wouldn’t.

We are not winning the cup no point starting the likes of mcginn and grealish. We need to save them for the league.

Give people like Chester lansbury and Davis a start.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We are not winning the cup no point starting the likes of mcginn and grealish. We need to save them for the league.

Winning it is highly unlikely but beat Wolves and we are in the quarters plus with the league fixtures we have ahead a win would be useful.

I don’t see Smith making wholesale changes it’s not his style. I just don’t see Lansbury starting.

• Like 1

We put him on massive wages in the championship and he presumably got another pay rise upon promotion, so I doubt anyone is going to be able to afford him unless he takes a big pay cut. Still contracted to the club until June 2021 as well.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Winning it is highly unlikely but beat Wolves and we are in the quarters plus with the league fixtures we have ahead a win would be useful.

I don’t see Smith making wholesale changes it’s not his style. I just don’t see Lansbury starting.

I agree, we'll be full strength v Wolves bar perhaps Konsa maybe getting a start to help his development.

It's the right thing to do, a few of the top clubs are playing each other so couple of good teams will go out at this round and we saw in 2010 and errrr 2013 how draws can open up when this happens.

We also don't want to give Wolves a big mental advantage 11 days before we play them away in the league either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I’m happy to lose against Liverpool and Man City and progress to a 1 in 8 chance of winning the Cup. 
I suspect we will field our strongest side.

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I would do a full rotation. The league takes priority. And we play Wolves again a couple weeks later. Pretty sure Wolves will be rotating too. The back ups got there scoring 10 goals in the process show some faith in them I say.

I think one poster already has?😂

Edited by TRO

The problem for Lansbury is that he plays in a position where we are probably at our most strongest, if for instance he was a winger he would be featuring a lot more because we have players out wide who are far less consistent. 

I still think he has a part to play for us and I think it is harsh to suggest that he shouldn't be involved in one of the three upcoming games we have, which I believe will be the Wolves game.

I think Luiz is more suited to City away and Liverpool at home where we probably will have a little less of the ball - but I see no harm in putting Henri in against Wolves, with a few other changes (not wholesale) and still progress into the next round as Wolves will be playing a weakened side too.

One of the big plus points since Smith arrived is that we have a happy, bonding squad and long may it continue, giving squad players match minutes when possible is part of the good team spirit in my opinion.

On 22/10/2019 at 14:15, Demitri_C said:

Sorry, why aren't we winning the league cup? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry, why aren't we winning the league cup? 

Yes.

The quarters and semis always sneak up on you with this.

We do need to keep a very careful eye on the key men in the squad though. Grealish, McGinn, Targett, Fred G, Mings, Marvelous. Doubt they can all play 90 mins of three draining games like City, Wolves, Liverpool in seven days.

• Like 1

Â